USB 3.0 / eSATA Dual Hard Drive Docking Station with UASP for 2.5/3.5in SATA SSD / HDD – SATA 6 Gbps
Easily connect and swap two 2.5 or 3.5in SATA III drives through eSATA or USB 3.0
Product ID: SDOCK2U33EB
The SDOCK2U33EB Dual 2.5/3.5" SATA hard drive docking station lets you dock and swap hard drives from your desktop or laptop computer simultaneously using a single eSATA or USB port.
For fast performance and efficient data transfers when connected through eSATA, the docking station supports full SATA III transfer speeds -- up to 6 Gbps. For universal compatibility, the dock can be connected through USB 3.0 with transfer speeds up 5 Gbps plus support for UASP, which supports performance up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP-enabled host controller to utilize the full potential of your SATA III hard drives. See our UASP testing results below for further details.
The hard drive docking station supports the fastest drive technologies including SATA III (6 Gbps), hybrid drives and solid state drives (SSD), ensuring you can save time by getting the most out of your drive performance.
Extend the value of this hard drive docking station further with the addition of our SATA to IDE Hard Drive Adapter (SAT2IDEADP), allowing easy insertion of any 2.5 or 3.5in. IDE hard drive into a SATA hard drive dock.
To ensure compatibility with your computer system, the SDOCK2U33EB supports all of the leading operating systems, including: Microsoft Windows® (8/7/Vista/XP/Server 2008/Server 2003), Apple® OSX (10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6), Linux, and Google Chrome OS™.
The SDOCK2U33EB is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing, UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Testing results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com Enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
- System builders and I.T. specialists who need quick access to drives for imaging
- Backup data quickly to an external drive for archiving
- Transferring data from one hard drive to another
- Technicians who test or benchmark multiple hard drives
- Backup important data and easily take the drive to an offsite location for safekeeping
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Versatile connectivity options, through either USB or eSATA
- Maximize performance, with file transfer speeds up to 6Gbps using eSATA
- Save time, with file transfers up to 70% faster than traditional USB 3.0 when used with a UASP-supported host
|Chipset ID||JMicron - JMS562|
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA|
|Drive Size||2.5in & 3.5in|
|Interface||USB 3.0 & eSATA|
|Number of Drives||2|
|Insertion Rating||15,000 Cycles|
|Max Drive Capacity||Currently tested with up to 4TB 7200 RPM 3.5" hard drives per bay (8TB total) and 2TB 5900 RPM 2.5" hard drives (2TB total)|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Drive Connectors||2 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - eSATA (7 pin, Data) Female|
|1 - USB Type-B (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power|
|1 - Drive 1 Activity|
|1 - Drive 2 Activity|
|Input Current||1.5 A|
|Input Voltage||100 - 240 AC|
|Output Current||3.0 A|
|Output Voltage||12 DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||36|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 50°C (-4°F to 122°F)|
|Product Height||7 cm [2.8 in]|
|Product Length||14.3 cm [5.6 in]|
|Product Width||13.2 cm [5.2 in]|
|Weight of Product||524 g [18.5 oz]|
|Package Height||21 cm [8.3 in]|
|Package Length||18.5 cm [7.3 in]|
|Package Width||12.3 cm [4.8 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1.1 kg [2.4 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB 3.0/eSATA to Dual 2.5/3.5in SATA Hard Drive Docking Station|
|1 - USB 3.0 Cable|
|1 - eSATA Cable|
|1 - Universal Power Adapter (NA,EU,UK,ANZ)|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
USB 3.0 SATA III Hard Drive Docking Station SSD / HDD with integrated Fast Charge USB Hub and UASP support for SATA 6 Gbps - Black
Dock your 2.5” or 3.5” SATA SSDs/HDDs and add USB Fast Charge Capacity in a stylish black docking station
Enable fast, swappable access to your 2.5in or 3.5in SATA hard drives, through USB 3.0
USB 3.0 SATA Hard Drive Docking Station SSD / HDD with integrated Fast Charge USB Hub and UASP For SATA 6 Gbps - White
Dock your 2.5” or 3.5” SATA SSDs/HDDs and add USB Fast Charge Capacity in a stylish white docking station
Dock your 2.5in or 3.5in SATA III SSDs/HDDs over USB 3.0 with UASP
Dock two 2.5" or 3.5" SATA III SSDs/HDDs over USB 3.0 with UASP
eSATA / USB 3.0 Hard Drive Duplicator Dock – Standalone HDD Cloner with SATA 6Gbps for fast-speed duplication
Clone a 2.5in/3.5in SATA drive without a host computer connection, or dock the drives over USB 3.0 or eSATA for easy access
Replace your lost or failed power adapter
Connect to your external solutions and transfer data at 10x the speed of USB 2.0
Connect to your external devices and transfer data at 10x the speed of USB 2.0
Use your 2.5in or 3.5in IDE hard drives in a SATA HDD Docking Station
Add one internal and one external SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to your PC
Add 4 external USB 3.0 ports to a low profile or standard computer, through PCI Express
Add two USB 3.0 ports through a Mini PCI Express slot
Provide protection against shocks/impacts to a 2.5in hard drive
Provides safe handling and anti-static protection for most 2.5in hard drives
Provide protection against shocks/impacts to a 3.5in hard drive
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
To determine if your hard drive will work in this device, on the product page, click the Technical Specifications tab, and do the following:
- Make sure that the device supports the storage size of your hard drive. If the storage size of your hard drive is larger than what the device was tested with, the hard drive will likely still work with the enclosure.
- Confirm that your hard drive uses the same interface type as the device. For example, IDE, SATA, or M.2.
- Make sure that the device supports the physical size of your hard drive, such as 2.5 inches or 3.5 inches.
- Verify that the power consumption of your hard drive doesn’t exceed the power output of the device. If you’re using multiple hard drives, make sure that the combined power consumption of all of the hard drives doesn’t exceed the power output of the docking station.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.