USB 3.0 to 4-Bay SATA 6Gbps Hard Drive Docking Station w/ UASP & Dual Fans - 2.5/3.5in SSD / HDD Dock
Connect and swap four 2.5/3.5” SATA III (6 Gbps) drives through USB 3.0 with UASP
Product ID: SDOCK4U33
The SDOCK4U33 four-bay 2.5/3.5" SATA HDD / SSD docking station lets you dock and swap four drives from your desktop or laptop computer simultaneously, using a single USB port.
Get the most out of your SATA III (Gbps) solid state drives and hybrid drives with this UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) enhanced hard drive docking station. With performance up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP-enabled host controller, UASP ensures high performance by reducing bottleneck. See our UASP testing results below for further details.
The hard drive dock features independently-powered SATA connectors for each individual drive, ensuring you can operate drives separately. This gives you the freedom to hot-swap one drive while transferring data to another, saving you time. Plus, the built-in fans keep your drives running cool, ensuring optimal performance and helps to prevent premature drive failure.
Extend the value of this hard drive docking station further with the addition of our SATA to IDE Hard Drive Adapter (SAT2IDEADP), allowing easy insertion of any 2.5 or 3.5in. IDE hard drive into a SATA hard drive dock.
To ensure compatibility with your computer system, the SDOCK4U33 supports all of the leading operating systems, including: Microsoft Windows® (8/7/Vista/XP/Server 2008/Server 2003), Apple® OSX (10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6), Linux, and Google Chrome OS™.
SDOCK4U33 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing, UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Testing results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com Enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
- System builders and I.T. specialists who need quick access to drives for imaging
- Backup data quickly to an external drive for archiving
- Transferring data from one hard drive to another
- Technicians who test or benchmark multiple hard drives
- Backup important data and easily take the drive to an offsite location for safekeeping
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Save time, with file transfers up to 70% faster than traditional USB 3.0 when used with a UASP-supported host
- Hassle-free operation with independent SATA controllers allowing for uninterrupted data transfers while hot-swapping the other drives
- Helps to prevent premature drive failure, with built-in dual 40 mm fans that keep your drives running cool
|Chipset ID||VIA/VLI - VL812
ASMedia - ASM1053 - 6G
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA|
|Drive Size||2.5in & 3.5in|
|Fans||2 - 40 mm|
|Number of Drives||4|
|Insertion Rating||15,000 Cycles|
|Max Drive Capacity||Currently tested with up to 4TB 7200 RPM 3.5" hard drives per bay (8TB total) and 2TB 5900 RPM 2.5" hard drives (2TB total)|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|Drive Connectors||4 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - USB Type-B (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|LED Indicators||4 - Drive power/activity LED|
|Input Voltage||100 - 240 AC|
|Output Current||6.5 A|
|Output Voltage||12V DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||78|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Humidity||20%RH ~ 80%RH|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 50°C (-4°F to 122°F)|
|Product Height||8.5 cm [3.3 in]|
|Product Length||28.5 cm [11.2 in]|
|Product Width||17.1 cm [6.7 in]|
|Weight of Product||1 kg [2.3 lb]|
|Package Height||17 cm [6.7 in]|
|Package Length||34.1 cm [13.4 in]|
|Package Width||21.4 cm [8.4 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||2.2 kg [4.8 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB 3.0 4-Bay 2.5/3.5" SATA SSD/HDD Dock|
|1 - USB 3.0 Cable|
|1 - Universal power adapter (NA/EU/UK/AUS)|
|1 - Instruction manual|
Enable fast, swappable access to your 2.5in or 3.5in SATA hard drives, through USB 3.0
Dock your 2.5in or 3.5in SATA III SSDs/HDDs over USB 3.0 with UASP
Dock two 2.5" or 3.5" SATA III SSDs/HDDs over USB 3.0 with UASP
USB 3.0 / eSATA Dual Hard Drive Docking Station with UASP for 2.5/3.5in SATA SSD / HDD – SATA 6 Gbps
Easily connect and swap two 2.5 or 3.5in SATA III drives through eSATA or USB 3.0
Duplicate one SATA Hard Drive onto three Hard Drives simultaneously
Enable external, hot-swap access to 2.5in SATA drives from a portable mini USB2.0 drive dock
USB 3.0 SATA Hard Drive Docking Station SSD / HDD with integrated Fast Charge USB Hub and UASP For SATA 6 Gbps - White
Dock your 2.5” or 3.5” SATA SSDs/HDDs and add USB Fast Charge Capacity in a stylish white docking station
Replace your lost or failed power adapter
Use your 2.5in or 3.5in IDE hard drives in a SATA HDD Docking Station
Add 4 external USB 3.0 ports to a low profile or standard computer, through PCI Express
Add two USB 3.0 ports through a Mini PCI Express slot
Add one internal and one external SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to your PC
Provide protection against shocks/impacts to a 2.5in hard drive
Provide protection against shocks/impacts to a 3.5in hard drive
Provides safe handling and anti-static protection for most 2.5in hard drives
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
To determine if your hard drive will work in this device, on the product page, click the Technical Specifications tab, and do the following:
- Make sure that the device supports the storage size of your hard drive. If the storage size of your hard drive is larger than what the device was tested with, the hard drive will likely still work with the enclosure.
- Confirm that your hard drive uses the same interface type as the device. For example, IDE, SATA, or M.2.
- Make sure that the device supports the physical size of your hard drive, such as 2.5 inches or 3.5 inches.
- Verify that the power consumption of your hard drive doesn’t exceed the power output of the device. If you’re using multiple hard drives, make sure that the combined power consumption of all of the hard drives doesn’t exceed the power output of the docking station.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.