1:1 Drive Duplicator and Eraser for 2.5in / 3.5in SATA Drives
Clone or Erase 2.5in/3.5in SATA hard drives, without a host computer connection
Product ID: SATDUP11
The SATDUP11 standalone hard drive duplicator eraser enables you to copy 1-to-1, or erase up to 2 SATA hard drives simultaneously without a host computer.
Featuring three modes of standalone drive duplication including Data Only, All Partitions, and Sector by Sector, the HDD copier offers high performance duplication, and has been tested for speeds up to 14GB per minute.
As a hard drive eraser the SATDUP11 is capable of erasing two drives simultaneously with several different modes available including Quick Erase, Secure Erase, and Single-Pass / Three-Pass Hard Drive Overwrite (DoD) -- which passes over the hard drive 3 times to ensure that the data has been completely wiped.
Complete with integrated LCD display, and support for 2.5” and 3.5” SATA I/II/III hard drives (HDD) and Solid State Drives (SSD), the SATDUP11 is a user-friendly all-in-one solution for any application requiring hard drive duplication or erasing.
For added compatibility with different drive types in duplication and quick erase applications, the SATDUP11 supports the use of various drive adapters. The below list of StarTech.com adapters have been specifically tested, to ensure compatibility with this drive duplicator:
The SATDUP11 features high quality aluminum construction, and is backed by a 2-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Forensic investigators who require disk sector imaging/cloning to create an exact replica of a source drive onto a different drive
- Professionals who require identical backups for when data integrity is crucial, such as data recovery
- Clone hard drives that contain hidden partitions, that some software disk cloning programs may skip
- IT administrators that wish to quickly clear/erase a drive in preparation for use in other applications
- Securely erase/wipe the data on your hard drive before the drive is disposed
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Quickly duplicate hard drives at speeds up to 14 GB per minute
- Securely erase two drives simultaneously, with Single-Pass and Multi-Pass HDD overwriting (DoD)
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA|
|Drive Size||2.5in & 3.5in|
|Number of Drives||2|
|Duplication Modes||System and File|
|Sector by Sector (Whole Drive)|
|Erase Modes||Quick Erase|
|1-Pass Overwrite (NIST SP 800-88 Rev 1 - Clear)|
|3-Pass Erase and Compare|
|Max Drive Capacity||Currently tested with up to 4TB 7200 RPM 3.5" hard drives per bay and 1TB 7200 RPM 2.5" hard drives per bay|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||14 GB per minute|
|Drive Connectors||2 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
For duplication, the destination drive must be of equal or greater size than the source drive.
Speed of up 14 GB per minute was achieved in a bench mark testing environment, actual speed will depend on hard drive model, algorithm and other factors. Results will vary.
|LED Indicators||1 - Source Drive Power Indicator|
|1 - Source Drive Activity Indicator|
|1 - Source Drive Error Indicator|
|1 - Destination Drive Power Indicator|
|1 - Destination Drive Activity Indicator|
|1 - Destination Drive Error Indicator|
|1 - LCD Display|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Voltage||100 - 240 AC|
|Output Voltage||12V DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||60|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Humidity||20% ~ 80%|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 45°C (41°F to 113°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 85°C (-4°F to 185°F)|
|Product Height||3 cm [1.2 in]|
|Product Length||80 mm [3.1 in]|
|Product Width||13 cm [5.1 in]|
|Weight of Product||358 g [12.6 oz]|
|Package Height||12.3 cm [4.8 in]|
|Package Length||26.5 cm [10.4 in]|
|Package Width||18.7 cm [7.4 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1.6 kg [3.5 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Hard Drive Duplicator and Eraser|
|2 - SATA Cables|
|1 - Universal Power Adapter|
|3 - Regional Power Cords (NA/UK/EU)|
|2 - HDD Pad|
|1 - Quick Install Guide|
USB Cloner | 1.5GB per minute | USB 2.0 | TAA Compliant
Duplicate one SATA Hard Drive onto three Hard Drives simultaneously
Clone a 2.5in/3.5in SATA drive without a host computer connection, or dock the drives over USB 3.0 for easy access
Replace your lost or failed power adapter
Convert an mSATA mini-SSD into a Standard 2.5in SATA SSD
Use your 2.5in or 3.5in IDE hard drives in a SATA HDD Docking Station
Turn Virtually any 2.5" SATA or SAS Hard Drive into a 3.5" SATA Drive
Provides safe handling and anti-static protection for most 2.5in hard drives
Provide protection against shocks/impacts to a 2.5in hard drive
Provide protection against shocks/impacts to a 3.5in hard drive
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
StarTech.com hard drive and flash drive duplicators perform a sector by sector copy, which means that the target drive must be the exact same size (down to the sector) or larger than the hard drive or flash drive that is being copied. During a sector by sector copy, each individual sector is copied over to the target drive, regardless of whether or not any data is present. A 500 GB hard drive with 50 GB of data on it will take the same amount of time to copy as a 500 GB hard drive with 450 GB of data on it.
If you have two hard drives or flash drives that are listed as the same size but are different makes or models, you need to check how large both drives are down to the sector to ensure that the target drive is is the exact same size or larger.
Solid-state drives (SSDs) use SATA connectors to access power and transfer data. Any duplicator that can copy to or from SATA hard drives will work with a StarTech.com duplicator.
Note: If you use a dock to duplicate SSDs, keep in mind that the StarTech.com disk duplicators execute a sector by sector read and write. SSDs are rated by a number of reads and writes. Repeated duplication and sector by sector reads and writes of SSDs can reduce the life cycle of the drive.
Software-level encryption on the drive poses no issue to StarTech.com duplicators, as the duplicators copy encrypted data sector by sector over to the new drive.
Hardware-level encryption or BIOS level hard drive locks cause the duplication to halt and fail, as the drive is unable to read or write the sectors that are encrypted.
Duplication of Hidden Protected Area (HPA) Partitions or Extended Industry Standard Architecture (EISA) cause the duplicator to halt and fail, as the drive cannot read and write the protected partitions on the drive.
Note: Our UNIDUPDOCK, SATDOCK22RE and SATDOCK4U3RE do include the ability to copy HPA partitions, but the duplication is still dependent on how the HPA partition is written to the hard drive, whether or not it is encrypted and how it is encrypted.
StarTech.com duplicators were not designed to recover failing or damaged drives. If the duplicator encounters a corrupt or unreadable sector, the duplication halts and fails.
SATDOCK4U3RE, SATDUP13 ,and UNIDUPDOCK all include a function that allows the duplicators to skip over corrupt or unreadable sectors. However, if the duplicators encounter too many errors, they still halt and fail. If this happens, you will need third-party recovery software or custom-built recovery hardware to copy from a failing or damaged drive.
Quick and secure erase functions
Quick erase and secure erase are functions the duplicators call on the hard drives themselves. How they work depends on the manufacturer of the hard drive.
Department of Defense erase function
A Department of Defense (DoD) erase is a function performed by the duplicator where it does three passes. The first pass writes all 0s. The second pass writes all 1s. The third pass writes 0s and 1s randomly.
Note: Not all duplicators will feature all of these erase modes. It is important to review the product manual to confirm the available erase modes.
To determine if your hard drive will work in this device, on the product page, click the Technical Specifications tab, and do the following:
- Make sure that the device supports the storage size of your hard drive. If the storage size of your hard drive is larger than what the device was tested with, the hard drive will likely still work with the enclosure.
- Confirm that your hard drive uses the same interface type as the device. For example, IDE, SATA, or M.2.
- Make sure that the device supports the physical size of your hard drive, such as 2.5 inches or 3.5 inches.
- Verify that the power consumption of your hard drive doesn’t exceed the power output of the device. If you’re using multiple hard drives, make sure that the combined power consumption of all of the hard drives doesn’t exceed the power output of the docking station.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.