5.25in Trayless Hot Swap Mobile Rack for 3.5in Hard Drive
Hot-swap any 3.5in SATA hard drive easily from any computer with a 5.25in bay
Product ID: HSB100SATBK
This 3.5in SATA hard drive hot-swap bay allows you to install a 3.5in SATA drive in an available/unused 5.25in drive bay. To remove the drive, it's as simple as opening the front panel door; to re-insert a drive, simply insert the drive (connector first) until the door closes.
The hot swap bay offers a trayless design that makes it the ideal solution for quick and easy drive removals and insertions as part of a system building process, or integration into rackmount systems or industrial environments.
To maximize performance and utilize the full speed potential of your SATA III hard drives, this HDD Backplane supports SATA III for transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps when paired with a compatible controller.
Also a perfect addition for operating system image deployment and any task that requires being able to quickly access large volumes of data on the fly, the hot swap bay provides everything you need to expedite important projects while maintaining a reliable storage solution.
With support for SATA HDD speeds up to 6.0 Gbps, the mobile rack/backplane is fully compatible with RAID installations to ensure maximum performance and versatility for enhanced storage applications.
Designed to provide a durable and reliable operating experience, the mobile rack features a 50,000+ insertion rating and is backed by StarTech.com's 2-year warranty.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Maximize performance, with file transfer speeds up to 6Gbps when paired with SATA III HDD and controller
- Quickly and easily install or remove hard drives without having to open the chassis with the innovative trayless design
- Rubber shock absorbers, a solid aluminum construction and 50,000+ insertion rating ensures longevity from both the drives and bay
Add additional hot-swap bays to a server or workstation computer
Replace or upgrade old IDE backplane with a SATA backplane
System builders who need to image drives quickly and efficiently
Environments where drives need to be replaced/removed regularly, without external protection for the drives required after removal
Be able to replace/remove individual drives from a storage array with minimal or no system down time
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA|
|Front Door Key Lock||Yes|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Hot Swap Capability||Yes|
|Insertion Rating||50,000+ Cycles|
|Drive Connectors||1 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Receptacle|
|1 - SATA Power (15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Plug|
|1 - SATA Power (15 pin) Plug|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|LED Indicators||1 - Drive Power/Activity|
|Humidity||Operating - 5~85% RH Non-condensing
Storage - 5~95%
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Enclosure Type||Aluminum and Plastic|
|Product Height||42 mm [1.7 in]|
|Product Length||184 mm [7.2 in]|
|Product Weight||261 g [9.2 oz]|
|Product Width||149 mm [5.9 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.4 kg [1 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 5.25" Tray-Less SATA Hot-Swap Bay|
|2 - Key|
|1 - Screw Kit|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Hot swap up to four 3.5in SATA hard drives in seconds
Easy, trayless removal and insertion of dual 2.5in SATA hard drives from single 3.5in bay
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.