2.5 Hot Swap Hard Drive Tray
Exchange drives with ease with this extra drive tray for SATSASBP425 and SATSASBP125 series backplanes
Product ID: SATSASTRX25
This 2.5" hard drive tray lets you add even more flexibility to how you manage your data storage with the SATSASBP425 and SATSASBP125 series backplanes.
Convenient, interchangeable drive tray
This spare drive tray can help you save time in a fast-paced work environment. It’s interchangeable with trays from the StarTech.com single-bay backplane (SATSASBP125) and the four-bay backplane (SATSASBP425), giving you an extra tray in addition to the trays you're already using, to create expandable storage or as part of a rotating back-up solution.
The drive tray supports both SAS and SATA 2.5” drives, ranging from 5 to 15mm in height. To maximize the performance of your hard drives, the single and quad-bay backplanes support SAS II and SATA III enabling file transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps when paired with a compatible controller.
Vented metal design for durability
The durable aluminum drive tray is designed for long-lasting performance. The venting helps to ensure proper air flow and maximize heat dissipation, to help keep your drives running at optimal temperatures.
The SATSASTRX25 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Be ready with multiple replacement drives for the SATSASBP125 and SATSASBP425 mobile rack backplanes
- Keep spare or replacement hard drives on hand for expandable storage
- Use the tray for extra hard drives for rotating backup solutions
|Compatible Drive Types||SAS & SATA|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Supported Drive Height(s)||5mm|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 55°C (23°F to 95°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 55°C (-4°F to 131°F)|
|Color||Black & Silver|
|Material||Steel and Plastic|
|Max Drive Height||15 mm [0.6 in]|
|Product Height||1.7 cm [0.7 in]|
|Product Length||11.9 cm [4.7 in]|
|Product Width||70 mm [2.8 in]|
|Weight of Product||90 g [3.2 oz]|
|Package Height||26 mm [1 in]|
|Package Length||12.8 cm [5 in]|
|Package Width||78 mm [3.1 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||118 g [4.2 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 2.5" hot swap hard drive tray|
|4 - screws|
|2 - keys|
Hot swap with ease by installing four SSDs/HDDs into one 5.25in bay
Easily connect and hot swap a SSD or HDD from a 3.5in bay
Easy, trayless removal and insertion of dual 2.5in SATA hard drives from single 3.5in bay
Turn a 2.5in SATA drive into a front bay mounted removable HDD backup solution
Use an available expansion card slot to install a hot swappable 2.5in hard drive
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Although mobile racks can enable a Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) drive to connect using a standard Serial ATA (SATA) connector, the hard drive controller must be SAS compatible to properly support SAS drives. SAS controllers can work with SAS and SATA drives, but most SAS drives will only work with a SAS controller.
For further information about SAS and SATA interoperability, refer to the following FAQ: http://www.startech.com/faq/hard_drive_controllers_sas_drive_compatibility.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.