USB OTG Adapter Cable for Samsung Galaxy Tab
Turn your Samsung Galaxy Tab™ into a USB host and connect USB devices (thumb drives, mice, keyboards…etc.)
Product ID: SDCOTG
- Support for USB OTG (On-the-Go) capable devices
- 1x Samsung 30-pin Dock connector
- 1x USB ‘A’ female connector port
- Durable construction
The SDCOTG USB On-The-Go (OTG) Adapter Cable for the Samsung Galaxy Tab™ features one (30-pin) Samsung male connector and one (4-pin) USB Type ‘A’ female connector, delivering a simple way to add a USB port to your Galaxy Tab and enable you to connect USB accessory devices (e.g thumb drives, mice, keyboards).
The Samsung Tab OTG adapter cable is designed and constructed for maximum durability, to ensure dependable, long-lasting connections, and is backed by StarTech.com’s lifetime warranty.
- Add a standard USB port to your Samsung Galaxy Tab™
- Connect a USB keyboard or mouse to your tablet
- Connect a thumb drive to your Tab™ for removable data storage
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Converts your Samsung Galaxy Tab™ into a USB host, for connecting USB accessories and enabling you to download pictures, transfer data and work more efficiently
- The USB port added by the adapter is situated approximately 6 inches away from the Samsung Galaxy Tab, offering more flexibility for connecting USB devices
- Backed by StarTech.com lifetime warranty
Ingram Micro Belgium
|Cable Jacket Material||PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride|
|Cable Shield Material||Aluminum-Mylar Foil with Drain|
|Connector A||1 - Samsung (30 Pin) Connector Male|
|Connector B||1 - USB Type-A (4 pin) USB 2.0 Female|
|Cable Length||152.4 mm [6 in]|
|Product Length||152.4 mm [6 in]|
|Weight of Product||8 g [0.3 oz]|
|Wire Gauge||26/28 AWG|
|Package Height||5 mm [0.2 in]|
|Package Length||22.5 cm [8.9 in]|
|Package Width||12.5 cm [4.9 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||14 g [0.5 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 6in Samsung to USB OTG Adapter M/F|
Connect your USB On-the-Go capable tablet computer or Smartphone to USB 2.0 devices (thumb drives, USB mouse or keyboard, etc.)
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
USB On-The-GO (OTG) allows mobile devices to act as a host for USB peripherals. To use OTG with a mobile device using a micro-USB connector, you need to use an OTG adapter to convert from the mobile device to USB.
Although many mobile devices use the micro-USB connector and the OTG adapters plug into your mobile device, the mobile device must have OTG support. OTG support is a hardware specification on your mobile device and cannot be resolved using updates of any kind.
To determine if your mobile device is OTG compliant, refer to the technical specifications of your mobile device.
When you troubleshoot issues with a USB On-The-Go (OTG) cable or adapter, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
To test your setup components, try the following:
Use the OTG cable, USB peripherals(s), and attached media with another mobile device to see if the problem is with the components or the mobile device.
Test the attached media on a computer system.
Use a different mobile device, USB peripheral, and USB media in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
If a USB storage device is not detected, make sure that the following is true:
The mobile device is compatible with OTG by verifying the mobile device's technical specifications.
The USB storage device is using a file system that is compatible with your mobile device (for example, NTFS).
The mobile device detects the USB storage device in a file browser (for example, Android File Manager).
If there are USB peripherals attached, such as hubs or adapters, make sure that the following is true:
The USB peripherals have drivers compatible with the operating system of the mobile device.
The USB peripherals are kept to a minimum and used only when necessary.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.