10Gb Ethernet Fiber Media Converter with Open SFP+ Slot
Fiber to Copper Media Converter | 10GBASE-T | 10Gbps Unmanaged | Single Mode & Multimode
Product ID: MCM10GSFP
- Convert between an RJ45 copper Ethernet connection and a fiber-optic connection to extend your network cost-effectively
- Customize the network extension distance to your requirements with virtually any MSA-compliant multimode or single-mode transceiver using the open 10Gb SFP+ slot
- 10Gbps (10GBASE-T) compatible RJ45 port supports auto-negotiation
- Install easily with compact and durable standalone design
This Ethernet fiber media converter offers an easy, cost-effective way to extend your network over fiber, using the SFP+ of your choice. It converts a copper RJ45 Ethernet connection to 10 Gigabit fiber, to extend your network over longer distances or connect workstations to switches.
Cost-Effective Extensions and Flexible Performance
The RJ45 to fiber media converter provides a cost-efficient way to connect an Ethernet network to remote devices over a fiber backbone. It features an open SFP+ slot that supports the MSA-compliant 10 Gigabit SFP+ that best suits your fiber connection setup (single mode/multimode) and distance requirements.
A Versatile Way to Connect Different Networks
The 10Gb fiber media converter supports auto-negotiation while providing versatile connectivity to existing networks and devices, maximizing the usage and performance of legacy equipment.
Fast and Easy Installation
The unmanaged fiber media converter has a standalone compact design with simple plug-and-play setup to ensure fast and easy installation.
StarTech.com Fiber Media Converters
Overcome the distance limitations of traditional network cables with StarTech.com fiber media converters. Our converters connect different types of network cabling and help you extend networks between buildings and over longer distances. Whether you need to extend a network connection 550 m or 40 km, we can help you. The MCM10GSFP Ethernet Fiber Media Converter is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free North American based multilingual lifetime technical support.
- Government facilities
- Areas requiring network access
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.3ae 10GBASE-ER|
|IEEE 802.3ae 10GBASE-LR|
|IEEE 802.3ae 10GBASE-LW|
|IEEE 802.3ae 10GBASE-EW|
|IEEE 802.3ae 10GBASE-R|
|IEEE 802.3ae 10GBASE-SR|
|IEEE 802.3ae 10GBASE-SW|
|IEEE 802.3ae 10GBASE-T|
|Compatible Networks||10 Gbps|
|Fiber Operating Mode||Full-Duplex|
|Jumbo Frame Support||9K max.|
|Remote Management Ability||No|
|Type||Single Mode / Multi Mode|
|Connector A||1 - RJ-45 Female|
|Connector B||1 - SFP+ Female|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power|
|1 - Link|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Output Voltage||5 DC|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Humidity||10% ~ 90%|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 120°C (-40°F to 248°F)|
|Product Height||3 cm [1.2 in]|
|Product Length||12.2 cm [4.8 in]|
|Product Width||80 mm [3.1 in]|
|Weight of Product||274 g [9.7 oz]|
|Package Height||38 mm [1.5 in]|
|Package Length||20.7 cm [8.1 in]|
|Package Width||14.4 cm [5.7 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||350 g [12.4 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Media Converter|
|1 - Universal Power Adapter (NA/JP, UK, EU, ANZ)|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.