Replacement PS/2 Keyboard to USB Adapter - F/M
Connect a supported PS/2 keyboard to the USB port on your computer
Product ID: GC46MFKEY
The GC46MFKEY PS/2 Keyboard to USB Adapter features a USB-A male connector and a 6-pin (PS/2) female port, allowing you to connect a PS/2 keyboard to a computer through a USB port.
Designed to provide both dependability and cost-effectiveness, this PS/2 Keyboard USB adapter is backed by StarTech.com's Lifetime Warranty.
Please Note: This product is designed as a replacement adapter for keyboards that originally shipped with a PS/2-USB converter. If your product did not ship with a converter, we suggest trying StarTech.com's USBPS2PC instead.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Use a PS/2 keyboard with a computer that only has USB ports
- Guaranteed reliability
Connect a PS/2 keyboard to a computer through a USB port
|Connector A||1 - USB Type-A (4 pin) USB 2.0 Male|
|Connector B||1 - PS/2 (6 pin, Mini-DIN) Female|
|Product Height||0.3 in [7 mm]|
|Product Length||2 in [50 mm]|
|Product Weight||0.3 oz [9 g]|
|Product Width||0.6 in [15 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.4 oz [11 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Replacement PS/2 Keyboard to USB Adapter - F/M|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Passively converting from PS/2 to USB or USB to PS/2 is only possible with mice and keyboards that are compatible with both PS/2 and USB connections. The following are two ways to determine if these products will work for you:
- Look on the bottom of your mouse or keyboard for a PS/2 symbol or picture, and a USB symbol or picture.
- Your mouse or keyboard came with a similar PS/2 to USB or USB to PS/2 adapter.
You can use the USBPS2PC to actively convert PS/2 keyboards and mice to USB.
Note: StarTech.com PS/2 adapters are only officially supported by mice and keyboards.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.