4-Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Card - PCI Express, Intel I350 NIC
Add four Gigabit Ethernet ports to a client, server or workstation through a single PCI Express slot
Product ID: ST4000SPEXI
Here’s a dependable and cost-effective way to add four high-performance Gigabit Ethernet ports to your server or desktop computer, through one PCI Express slot.
Reliable network connectivity with high performance
This Gigabit Ethernet network card features the Intel® I350-AM4 chipset, designed to deliver the power, performance and enhanced capabilities you need for reliable network connections to your server or computer. The Intel chip provides a number of advanced driver options including IEEE 802.3ad link aggregation / teaming support, which enables you to add additional bandwidth to your system.
Compliant with IEEE 802.3/u/ab standards, the network card provides full support for high-performance, four-channel networking and maximum throughput up to 1000Mbps in each direction (2000 Mbps total) - up to ten times faster than 10/100 Ethernet.
Cost-effective access to multiple networks
The quad-port Gigabit network card makes it easy to access multiple networks. It offers a cost-effective solution for IT professionals in government, educational, corporate, health care, or business environments where access to multiple networks from numerous workstations is needed. The server adapter card gives you four redundant, independent Gigabit Ethernet ports and it supports advanced features such as Jumbo Frames and VLAN tagging.
Enhanced versatility and efficiency
Compatible with a broad range of operating systems, this versatile PCIe Gigabit NIC is suitable for many business and enterprise applications - including virtualized environments with multiple operating systems, requiring multiple shared or dedicated NICs. The 4-port Gigabit network card is equipped with Intel® Virtualization Technology for Connectivity (Intel® VT-c) which reduces system latency and improves networking throughput. Four dedicated ports allow you to maximize your virtualized server’s networking efficiency and create a more agile data center.
With a dual-profile design, the PCI Express network card installs easily into a wide range of computer/server chassis, regardless of form factor. The card is equipped with a full-sized bracket, and includes a low-profile/half-height installation bracket that you can use as needed.
The ST4000SPEXI is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Easy access to multiple networks, ideal for government, education, health care, corporations or other high-end server applications
Add more network ports to a workstation or server for redundancy or virtualization
Ideal for desktop PC clients, servers and workstations with few PCI Express slots available
An effective replacement Ethernet network card for legacy equipment
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Card Type||Standard Profile (LP bracket incl.)|
|Chipset ID||Intel - I350-AM4|
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX, IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T|
|IEEE 802.1Q VLAN Tagging|
|IEEE 802.3x Full Duplex Flow Control|
|Full Duplex Support||Yes|
|Jumbo Frame Support||9K max.|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||2000 Mbps (full-duplex)|
|Supported Protocols||IEEE 802.3ad (link aggregation), IEEE 1588 (time sync)|
|Connector Type(s)||4 - PCI Express x4|
|4 - RJ-45|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Windows Server® 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016
Linux 2.4.x to 4.11.x LTS versions only
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Available PCI Express x4 or higher (x8, x16) slot|
|LED Indicators||4 - 100/1000 Mbps Indicator|
|4 - Link/Activity|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||4.4W|
|Humidity||20% ~ 80% RH|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 50°C (41°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)|
|Product Height||4.7 in [120 mm]|
|Product Length||5.2 in [132 mm]|
|Product Weight||3.2 oz [90 g]|
|Product Width||0.7 in [18 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||5.7 oz [162 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 4 Port Network Card|
|1 - Low Profile Bracket|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Windows Server® 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016
Linux 2.4.x to 4.11.x LTS versions only
Make Fast Ethernet network connections using this high quality Cat5e Cable, with Power-over-Ethernet capability
Frequently Asked Questions
Prior to installing this device, ensure that your operating system is up to date (for example, you have installed the most recent service pack).
To install the driver:
- Download the latest drivers from the StarTech.com website (http://www.startech.com/Support). You can find the part number and product ID on the product’s packaging.
Note: Windows will typically save the files to the Downloads folder that is associated with your user account (for example, C:\Users\your_name\Downloads).
- Once the download is complete, right-click the zip folder that you downloaded, select Extract All, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Open the appropriate folder for your operating system.
- Right-click on either Windows 32bit.exe or Windows 64bit.exe as appropriate for your operating system.
- Click Run as Administrator.
Note: If the Run as Administrator option is not available, you might be attempting to run the installer from within the zipped file. Extract the files using the instructions in Step 2.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the device drivers and restart the computer when prompted.
- Your computer will automatically complete the driver installation and your device should be ready to use.
When you troubleshoot issues with a network adapter, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
- Ethernet cables
- Network devices
- Computer system
To test your setup components, try the following:
- Use the Ethernet cables, network devices, and computer system in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
- Use different Ethernet cables, network devices, and a different computer system in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test your cables, it is recommended that you do the following:
- Test each cable individually.
- Use short cables when you are testing.
When you test the Ethernet cables, network devices, and computer system, it is recommended that you do the following:
- In Device Manager, check under Network Adapters. To open Device Manager, press the Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc, and press Enter.
- If you are using a USB network adapter and you do not see the network adapter listed in Device Manager, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=expansion-cards#usb-cannot-detect-windows.
- If you are using a PCI/PCIe network adapter and you do not see the network adapter listed in Device Manager, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=expansion-cards#pci-pcie-cannot-boot-os-or-detect-windows.
- If you are using a CardBus/ExpressCard adapter and you do not see the network adapter listed in Device Manager, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=expansion-cards#cb-ec-cannot-detect-windows.
- If the device is listed with an error, follow the instructions on the product page to reinstall the drivers.
- Check to see if your network devices (for example, a network switch, router, and so on) use compatible protocols (for example, 10/100, Gigabit, and so on).
- Make sure that the link LEDs on the adapter are illuminated when it is plugged into a network device. If the link LEDs are illuminated, it means that a good electrical connection exists between the devices.
- If you use a wall jack with an Ethernet cable, make sure that the jack is patched in properly.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.