Note: Ensure the GrabBee application is closed during this installation.
Before you install the device, make sure that your operating system is current (for example, the most recent service pack is installed).
- Download the latest drivers from the StarTech.com website at http://www.startech.com/Support. The part number and product ID are on the product packaging.
Note: Windows usually saves the files to the Downloads folder that is associated with your user account (for example, C:\Users\your_name\Downloads).
- After the download is complete, right-click the zip folder that you downloaded, click Extract All, and complete the instructions.
- Press the Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc, and press Enter to open the Device Manager.
- Right-click USB 2821 Device, which will have a “!” or “?” next to it to indicate a driver issue.
- Click Update Driver.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer option.
- On the Select your device’s type from the list below screen, click Show All Devices, and click Next.
Note: The Select your device’s type from the list below screen does not appear on all systems. If you do not see this screen, skip this step.
- Select the Have Disk option.
- Browse to the SVID2USB2xx.zip\Driver\Manual Driver folder and open the 32-bit or the 64-bit folder, depending on your system type.
Note: To view your system type, click Start. Right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
- Click the EMAUDIO (32-bit) file or the EMAUDIO64 (64-bit) file. Click OK, and then click Next.
- Repeat steps 3-11 with the second listing of the USB 2821 Device, choosing the EMBDA (32-bit) file or the EMBDA64 (64-bit) file.
Note (North American users only): In the options for GrabBee, set the Video Format to NTSC-M. For more information, visit the StarTech.com website to see the SVID2USB2 manual. It is available under the Drivers & Downloads tab for the SVID2USB2.