How do I install my video capture card in Windows 8 / 10? (.exe method)
Before you install the USB2HDCAPS, do the following:
Make sure that your operating system is current (for example, the most recent service pack is installed).
Make sure that Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 is installed.
To verify if .NET Framework 3.5 is installed and install it if it is not installed, complete the following steps:
- Press the Windows key + X, and then click Programs and Features.
- Click Turn Windows features on or off.
- Find .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) at the top of the list, and do one of the following.
- If there is a small box inside of the .NET Framework 3.5 check box, .NET Framework is installed on your system and no further action is required.
- If there is not a small box inside of the .NET Framework 3.5 check box, click inside of the check box and then click OK. Windows will start installing .NET Framework 3.5 on your system.
Before you complete the following, make sure that .NET Framework is installed on your system.
- Navigate to http://www.startech.com/Support and download the latest software. The part number is USB2HDCAPS.
Note: Windows usually saves the files to the Downloads folder that is associated with your user account (for example, C:\Users\your_name\Downloads).
- When the download is complete, right-click the zip folder that you downloaded, select Extract All, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- In the list of extracted files, right-click the setup.exe file and select Run as Administrator.
Note: If the Run as Administrator option is not available, you might be attempting to run the installer from within the zipped file. Extract the files using the instructions in step 2.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
When the software finishes downloading, it will be ready to use.