6in S-Video to Composite Video Adapter Cable
Connect an S-Video device to a composite video device
Product ID: SVID2COMP
- Precision stranded copper conductors deliver the ultimate color separation clarity
- Low profile design allows easy integration behind components
- Also works on S-Video devices with a 7 pin connectors
This S-Video to Composite Video Adapter features a 4-pin mini-DIN S-Video Male connector and an RCA female connector, allowing you to connect a device with S-Video output to a device with RCA Composite Video input.
Expertly designed and constructed of only premium materials, this high quality video adapter cable is backed by StarTech.com's Lifetime Warranty.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- S-Video Composite Adapter works with all VGA with S-Video interface
- The adapter allows an S-Video device to be connected to a composite video device
- Backed by StarTech.com's Lifetime Warranty
|Connector A||1 - S-Video (4 pin, Mini-DIN) Male|
|Connector B||1 - Composite Video (1 x RCA) Female|
|Cable Length||152.4 mm [6 in]|
|Product Length||152.4 mm [6 in]|
|Weight of Product||10 g [0.4 oz]|
|Package Height||13 mm [0.5 in]|
|Package Length||12.5 cm [4.9 in]|
|Package Width||90 mm [3.5 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||12 g [0.4 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 6" S-Video to Composite Video Adapter|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
You should only use video converters and extenders if it is absolutely necessary to do so. In many cases, most video converters and extenders are not necessary if you purchase the correct cable.
The following table lists the maximum length of cable for common video standards.
|Video standard||Maximum length|
|DisplayPort||50 ft. (15.2m)|
|HDMI||50 ft. (15.2m)|
|DVI||50 ft. (15.2m)|
|VGA||200 ft. (71m)|
Note: StarTech.com offers cables longer than what is listed above, including active cables, which typically include built-in active signal boosters that allow for longer cables. Active cables are specifically designed to exceed the suggested maximum lengths and are tested at the listed specifications (for example, the maximum listed resolution).
Video adapters passively adapt a cable from one connector type to another. Video adapters do not change the signal type, or change the video standard.
Examples of common applications for adapters include the following:
DVI-I to VGA
RCA to BNC
Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort
Couplers (female to female, or male to male)
Note: You can use a coupler to extend a cable for a short distance. However, each coupler that you use can introduce signal loss, which degrades the signal quality.
Video converters actively process and change the signal type from one video standard and convert it to another standard. They are typically used to convert digital to analog and vice versa, but can be used to convert a digital signal to another digital video standard (for example, HDMI to DisplayPort).
Video converters work over short distances from the source to the destination: up to 15 feet or 3 meters.
Video extenders convert an input signal to a higher voltage for transmission over longer distances and then convert the input signal back to the original video standard. The input and the output signal will match on a video extender, as the same video standard is maintained end-to-end. If a cable is extended with adapters or converters, the signal quality degrades.
Note: For more information on using a video adapter or converter with a video extender, see the following FAQ: http://www.startech.com/faq/video_signal_converters_convert_then_extend.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.