18in SATA Serial ATA Data and Power Combo Cable
Power your Internal SATA hard drive from an LP4 connector on your Power Supply
Product ID: SATA18POW
The SATA18POW SATA Data and Power Cable features a combination 22-pin SATA receptacle data and power connector as well as a LP4 power connector and SATA receptacle data connector, allowing you to create a conventional Serial ATA data connection to a computer while powering the drive through an LP4 connection to the computer power supply.
This high quality SATA power/LP4 adapter cable measures 18in, providing the flexibility required to position the SATA hard drive as needed within the computer case, while eliminating the expense of upgrading the computer power supply for the sake of SATA compatibility.
Constructed of only top quality materials and designed for optimum performance and reliability this 18" SATA data and power combo cable is backed by our lifetime warranty.
- Installing Serial ATA hard drives, and DVD drives in Small Form Factor computer cases
- Server and storage subsystem applications
- Connections to SATA Drive Arrays
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Cost-effective solution for powering a SATA drive from an LP4 connection on the computer power supply, which eliminates the cost of a power supply upgrade for compatibility with SATA hard drives
- Features a thin cable design, which helps reduce clutter and increase airflow within the computer/server case, for optimum system performance
- Backed by StarTech.com lifetime warranty, ensuring a dependable connection
|Cable Jacket Type||PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride|
|Type and Rate||SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Connector A||1 - LP4 (4 pin; Large Drive Power) Male|
|1 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Receptacle|
|Connector B||1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Cable Length||457.2 mm [18 in]|
|Product Length||457.2 mm [18 in]|
|Weight of Product||27 g [1 oz]|
|Package Height||10 mm [0.4 in]|
|Package Length||22.5 cm [8.9 in]|
|Package Width||12.5 cm [4.9 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||32 g [1.1 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 18in SATA Serial ATA Data and Power Combo Cable|
Frequently Asked Questions
When you troubleshoot issues with a SATA cable, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
Hard disk drive
Hard drive controller (for example, motherboard)
To test your setup components, try the following:
Use the hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
Use a different hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test the hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable, it is recommended that you do the following:
Make sure that the hard drive is spinning without the SATA cable attached. The power cable should make the drive spin if it is a mechanical drive and not a solid state drive.
If your operating system is not detecting the hard disk drive, make sure that the drive is formatted with a partition (for example, NTFS or FAT32). If you are using a computer running a version of Windows, a drive letter must also be assigned to the hard disk drive.
For more information about how to initialize a drive, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=hard-drives#initialize-hard-drives.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.