2-Port Gigabit PoE+ Extender - 802.3at and 802.3af - 100 m (330 ft)
Extend two Power over Ethernet devices by 100 meters, or daisy chain up to four extenders for longer distance
Product ID: POEEXT2GAT
- Deploy, power, and access two Gigabit PoE-powered devices (PD) located 330 ft. away, and in locations where power outlets are unavailable
- Daisy-chain four extenders up to 500 m (1640 ft.) total range (reduced power output at each connection)
- Compact, wall-mountable, and rugged metal housing for convenience and reliability
This 2-port Gigabit PoE+ extender spans your Power over Ethernet (PoE) devices over longer distances, letting you double the 100 m limitation of a traditional PoE infrastructure.
Now you can connect two Gigabit PoE devices up to a maximum of 200 m away, so it’s easy to install a remote IP camera or access point where you need it. Plus, you can daisy-chain the extender for more scalability.
Unrestricted PoE+ range and convenience
Need more distance? This convenient two-port PoE+ repeater maximizes range and flexibility by extending your PoE connections by an extra 100 m (330 ft.), while providing 23-watt power output to two compatible devices. (The power output is shared between each PoE output port).
Simply connect the extender to your power sourcing equipment (PSE) and your PoE-powered devices (PD) and you’re all set. The extender is compliant with the 802.3at/af standard, so it will work with existing PSE, such as a StarTech.com PoE+ injector (POEINJ1G) or PoE+ switch (IES81000POE).
Daisy chain for longer distance and more flexibility
Still need more distance? If an extra 100 m isn’t enough, this full-featured PoE extender offers daisy-chain capability.
You can easily connect four extenders together, letting you install two PoE+ PDs up to 500 m (1640 ft.) away. It’s perfect for business, education, and retail environments. (Output wattage is dependent on the number of daisy-chained extenders used, and the number of connected PoE devices).
Convenient installation options and durable construction
Get up and running quickly. This 2-port Gigabit PoE+ extender can be positioned right where you need it, with a wall-mountable design that requires no external power adapter.
With its rugged metal housing and built-in ESD and surge protection, the PoE+ extender gives you reliable performance with little worry of downtime or failure.
The POEEXT2GAT is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Ideal for Wi-Fi® access points, IP phones, surveillance cameras, and kiosks where a power connection is not available
- Enable remote installation of two PoE+ devices over longer distance than conventional PoE range capabilities
- Perfect for SOHO, SMB, system integrators, and IT administrators
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.3af PoE, IEEE 802.3at PoE+|
|IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX, IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T|
|Compatible Networks||10/100/1000 Mbps|
|Flow Control||Half-duplex back-pressure
IEEE 802.3x pause frame for full-duplex
|Full Duplex Support||Yes|
|Jumbo Frame Support||No|
|Maximum Cable Length||100 m [328 ft]|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||2 Gbps (Full-Duplex)|
|Power Output||up to 23W|
|Surge Protection||EN61000-4-2 (ESD) - 4kV
EN61000-4-5 (Surge) - 4kV
|Connector Type(s)||3 - RJ-45 Female|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Total extension distances can often be shorter due to power delivery voltage-drop on the connected cables. Maximum distances can vary based on the quality of the UTP cables and the environment.|
|Patents and Licenses||The following patents are licensed for this product. This list might not be all inclusive.
• United States Patent No. 5,406,260 (expired)
• United States Patent No. 6,650,622
• United States Patent No. 7,457,250
• United States Patent No. 8,155,012
• United States Patent No. 8,902,760
• United States Patent No. 8,942,107
• United States Patent No. 9,019,838
• United States Patent No. 9,049,019
• United States Patent Application No. 14/695,456
• United States Patent Application No. 14/726,940
|System and Cable Requirements||If your connected device does not meet the IEEE 802.3af or IEEE 802.3at PoE standard, then the POEEXT2GAT will not pass-through power to the connected device / Ethernet cable.|
|LED Indicators||3 - Port Link / Activity|
|3 - PoE Power|
|Output Voltage||52 ~ 56 DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||3 W Max|
|Humidity||5~90% RH (Non-Condensing)|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 70°C (14°F to 158°F)|
|Product Height||2.7 cm [1.1 in]|
|Product Length||14 cm [5.5 in]|
|Product Width||77 mm [3 in]|
|Weight of Product||239 g [8.4 oz]|
|Package Height||99 mm [3.9 in]|
|Package Length||16.9 cm [6.7 in]|
|Package Width||12.3 cm [4.8 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||367 g [13 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Gigabit PoE extender|
|4 - rubber feet|
|1 - quick-start guide|
Scale your Power over Ethernet connection by 100m, or daisy chain up to four extenders for longer distance
98+ In stock
Extend an Ethernet network over Coaxial cable up to 1.5 miles (2.4km)
22+ In stock
Make Power-over-Ethernet-capable Gigabit network connections
23+ In stock
Make Power-over-Ethernet-capable Gigabit network connections
112+ In stock
Make reliable Ethernet connections in applications requiring CMR-rated cable
35+ In stock
6 Port Unmanaged Industrial Gigabit Ethernet Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports and Voltage Regulation - DIN Rail / Wall-Mountable
Connect Gigabit Ethernet data and power to 4 PoE-enabled devices, with 2 additional GbE ports and redundant power input
24+ In stock
8 Port Unmanaged Industrial Gigabit Power over Ethernet Switch - 802.3af/at PoE+ Switch - Wall Mountable
Connect power and Gigabit Ethernet data to 8 PoE-enabled devices, with 30W per-port output - Wall Mountable
153+ In stock
Deliver power and data to four Power over Ethernet devices using this wall-mountable PoE+ midspan hub
510+ In stock
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.