How do I set up a VLAN tag with the Realtek Diagnostic Toolkit in Windows?
The drivers on our website include a Realtek Diagnostic Toolkit that you can use to easily set up a VLAN tag.
Make sure that you are logged in as the local administrator before continuing.
- Download the latest drivers from the StarTech.com website (http://www.startech.com/Downloads). You can find the part number and product ID on the product’s packaging.
Note: Windows will typically save the files to the Downloads folder that is associated with your user account (for example, C:\Users\your_name\Downloads).
- Once the download is complete, right-click the Realtek_PCI_GbE.zip file or the Realtek_PCIe_GbE.zip file.
- Select Extract All and note the location that the files will be extracted to.
- Select Extract. The extracted files will open automatically.
- In the list of extracted files, do one of the following:
- If you are running Windows Vista/7/8, right-click the Setup.exe file and select Run as Administrator.
- If you are running Windows XP, double-click the Setup.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
- Open the software and under the VLAN settings, you can add, delete, or modify the VID (VLAN ID).