1-Port 10G SFP+ Fiber Optic Network Card - PCIe - Intel Chip - MM
Get high performance connectivity over multi-mode fiber, by upgrading your server or workstation with a 10GBase-SR port
Product ID: PEX10000SRI
- Upgrade your server or workstation to 10G Ethernet for fast, high-bandwidth connectivity over multimode fiber
- Single-port 10G network card with installed multimode SFP+ transceiver (up to 330 m range)
- Intel 82599 chipset with Intel Virtualization Technology for Connectivity
This fiber optic network card delivers reliable, high-performance network connectivity, providing an easy and cost-effective way to upgrade your server or workstation to 10 Gigabit networking over multimode fiber. The 10G network card comes with an installed multimode SFP+ transceiver with up to 330 m range, to get you up and running quickly.
Take advantage of faster network speeds
Increasing numbers of network users and data-intensive applications, such as multimedia streaming and large file transfers, all drive the need to increase the bandwidth capability of your network infrastructure. This fiber NIC lets you take advantage of the increased speed and stability of a 10 Gigabit network, with data transfers of up to 10Gbps and up to 20Gbps (full duplex) bandwidth.
Includes an SFP+ transceiver, built for reliable performance
For added convenience, this single-port 10G network card comes with an installed multimode SFP+ transceiver. Built to ensure reliable performance, the 10 GbE SFP+ is manufactured by StarTech.com to meet or exceed OEM specifications and comply with the industry’s MSA (Multi-Source Agreement) standards. The 10GBase-SR SFP+ delivers 10 Gigabit connectivity over multimode fiber cable with a range of up to 330 m (1082 ft).
Enhance your network capabilities and reliability
The 10 Gigabit network card features the Intel® 82599 chipset, delivering the power, performance and enhanced capabilities you need for reliable network connections to your server or computer. The Intel chip offers many advanced features including Intel® Virtualization Technology for Connectivity, PXE network boot support and up to 15K jumbo frame support.
The 10G NIC connects easily through an available PCI Express expansion slot, and is compliant with PCIe Rev. 2 x8 (or higher). The network card comes with a standard profile, and also includes a low-profile bracket, for versatile installation.
The PEX10000SRI is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Connect servers and workstations at 10Gbps over multimode fiber
Supports secure setups - a direct fiber connection means no electronic interference, which can be a problem with RJ45 network cards
Ensure reliable network performance with the pre-installed multimode SFP+ transceiver, with a range of up to 330 m (1082 ft.)
Create a video / audio editing console with 10Gbps access to network storage
|Ingram Micro Netherlands||3418943|
|Tech Data - Netherlands||4631419|
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Card Type||Standard Profile (LP bracket incl.)|
|Chipset ID||Intel - 82599|
|Interface||Fiber (10 Gigabit Ethernet)|
|Compatible Networks||10 Gbps|
|Full Duplex Support||Yes|
|Jumbo Frame Support||15K max.|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||20000 Mbps (20 Gbps) - Full-Duplex|
|Supported Protocols||IEEE 802.3ad (Link Aggregation)
IEEE 802.3x (Flow Control Support)
IEEE 802.1Q (VLAN tagging)
|Connector Type(s)||1 - PCI Express x8 Male|
|External Ports||1 - Fiber Optic LC Duplex Female|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Windows Server® 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016
Linux 2.6.24 to 4.11.x LTS Versions only
|Humidity||20% ~ 80% RH|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 50°C (41°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)|
|Product Height||120 mm [4.7 in]|
|Product Length||135 mm [5.3 in]|
|Product Weight||116 g [4.1 oz]|
|Product Width||18 mm [0.7 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||194 g [6.8 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 10G SFP+ fiber network card|
|1 - 10GBase-SR SFP+ transceiver module|
|1 - low-profile bracket|
|1 - quick-start guide|
Windows Server® 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016
Linux 2.6.24 to 4.11.x LTS Versions only
Get advanced connectivity over multimode or single-mode fiber, by adding a 10GBase-LR/SR open SFP+ port to your server or workstation
Add two 10 Gigabit Fiber Ethernet ports (10 Gbps per port) to your server or workstation - using the SFP+ transceiver of your choice
Scale your network performance using the 10Gb SFP+ transceiver of your choice and connect your PCIe-enabled server to a 10 Gigabit fiber network
Frequently Asked Questions
Prior to installing this device, ensure that your operating system is up to date (for example, you have installed the most recent service pack).
To install the driver:
- Download the latest drivers from the StarTech.com website (http://www.startech.com/Support). You can find the part number and product ID on the product’s packaging.
Note: Windows will typically save the files to the Downloads folder that is associated with your user account (for example, C:\Users\your_name\Downloads).
- Once the download is complete, right-click the zip folder that you downloaded, select Extract All, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Open the appropriate folder for your operating system.
- Right-click on either Windows 32bit.exe or Windows 64bit.exe as appropriate for your operating system.
- Click Run as Administrator.
Note: If the Run as Administrator option is not available, you might be attempting to run the installer from within the zipped file. Extract the files using the instructions in Step 2.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the device drivers and restart the computer when prompted.
- Your computer will automatically complete the driver installation and your device should be ready to use.
When you troubleshoot issues with a network adapter, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
- Ethernet cables
- Network devices
- Computer system
To test your setup components, try the following:
- Use the Ethernet cables, network devices, and computer system in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
- Use different Ethernet cables, network devices, and a different computer system in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test your cables, it is recommended that you do the following:
- Test each cable individually.
- Use short cables when you are testing.
When you test the Ethernet cables, network devices, and computer system, it is recommended that you do the following:
- In Device Manager, check under Network Adapters. To open Device Manager, press the Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc, and press Enter.
- If you are using a USB network adapter and you do not see the network adapter listed in Device Manager, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=expansion-cards#usb-cannot-detect-windows.
- If you are using a PCI/PCIe network adapter and you do not see the network adapter listed in Device Manager, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=expansion-cards#pci-pcie-cannot-boot-os-or-detect-windows.
- If you are using a CardBus/ExpressCard adapter and you do not see the network adapter listed in Device Manager, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=expansion-cards#cb-ec-cannot-detect-windows.
- If the device is listed with an error, follow the instructions on the product page to reinstall the drivers.
- Check to see if your network devices (for example, a network switch, router, and so on) use compatible protocols (for example, 10/100, Gigabit, and so on).
- Make sure that the link LEDs on the adapter are illuminated when it is plugged into a network device. If the link LEDs are illuminated, it means that a good electrical connection exists between the devices.
- If you use a wall jack with an Ethernet cable, make sure that the jack is patched in properly.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.