How do I install my sound card in Windows Vista / 7 / 8? (.exe method)
Before you install the device, make sure that your operating system is current (for example, the most recent service pack is installed).
- Download the latest drivers from the StarTech.com website at http://www.startech.com/Support. The part number and product ID are on the product packaging.
Note: Windows usually saves the files to the Downloads folder that is associated with your user account (for example, C:\Users\your_name\Downloads).
- After the download is complete, right-click the zip folder that you downloaded, click Extract All, and complete the instructions.
- In the list of extracted files, right-click the Setup.exe file and click Run as Administrator.
Note: If the Run as Administrator option is not available, you might be attempting to run the installer from within the zipped file. Complete the instructions in step 2 to extract the files.
- Complete the instructions to install the device drivers, and restart your computer when prompted to.
- After your computer restarts, connect the USB sound card to your computer.
Your computer automatically finishes installing the driver and your device should be ready to use.