mSATA SSD to 2.5in SATA Adapter Converter
Convert an mSATA SSD into a 7mm high 2.5in SATA 6Gbps Open Frame SSD
Product ID: SAT32MSAT257
- Open frame aluminum bracket
- Support for SATA revision I/II/III (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps)
- Supports 7mm or larger 2.5" SATA bays
Vastly increase system performance by adding the speed of an mSATA SSD in any 2.5" SATA application, with the SAT32MSAT257 mSATA to SATA adapter.
Utilize the full potential of your SATA III controller, with an mSATA SSD reducing your DATA transfer bottle neck with file transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps. mSATA SSDs also save you money by reducing your power consumption over regular platter drives.
Help protect the health of your drive with an open frame design ensuring maximum heat dissipation.
The SAT32MSAT257 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty, and lifetime technical support.
- Turn an unused mSATA SSD drive into a regular 2.5in SATA solid state drive
- Retrieve/backup data from an mSATA SSD drive with a standard SATA computer
- Access mSATA SSD drives from an external source, such as a SATA drive enclosure or docking station
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Maximize system speed by adding SSD performance
- Help prevent your drive from failure, with open frame aluminum housing providing excellent heat dissipation
- Reduce overall power consumption, with a high efficiency mSATA SSD
|Compatible Drive Types||mSATA (Mini SATA)|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Hot Swap Capability||No|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||6 Gbps|
|Type and Rate||SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Drive Connectors||1 - mSATA (52 pin, Mini SATA) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Operating Temperature||-40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F)|
|Product Height||0.3 in [0.7 cm]|
|Product Length||3.9 in [10 cm]|
|Product Width||2.8 in [70 mm]|
|Weight of Product||4 oz [114 g]|
|Package Height||0.1 in [3 mm]|
|Package Length||5.7 in [14.4 cm]|
|Package Width||6.9 in [17.4 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1.2 oz [33 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - mSATA SSD to 2.5in SATA SSD Converter|
|1 - Mounting kit (2x drive mounting screws, 4x adapter mounting screws)|
|1 - Installation manual|
Frequently Asked Questions
To confirm that the Mac OS detects your USB device, complete the following:
- Click the Apple icon.
- Click About This Mac.
- Click More Info or System Report.
- Under the appropriate heading, confirm that your USB device is listed and that there isn't an error. For example, a network card would be under Ethernet Cards.
You may need to refresh the System Information page after you plug in your device. To do so, press Command + R with the System Information page open.
Your USB device is listed according to the name of the chipset. To determine the name of the chipset of your USB device, navigate to www.StarTech.com and look on the Technical Specifications tab for your product.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.