Mobile Rack Backplane for 2.5in SATA/SAS Drive
Easily connect and hot swap a SSD or HDD from a 3.5in bay
Product ID: SATSASBP125
- Hot swap drives between systems with this single 2.5in SAS/SATA drive backplane
- Supports a wide range of SSDs and HDDs from 5-15 mm
- Easy, error-free tray insertion with this vertically or horizontally-mounted backplane
Now it’s easy to increase the storage capabilities of your server or PC while protecting data integrity. This one-bay mobile rack backplane lets you install and easily remove a 2.5in SAS or SATA HDD or SDD in a 3.5in external expansion bay on your desktop PC or server. It’s ideal for system integrators and administrators looking for flexible management of data storage.
The backplane provides an easy, convenient way to install and swap drives between desktops or servers. It supports both SAS and SATA 2.5in drives ranging from 5 to 15mm in height. To maximize the performance of your hard drives, the mobile rack supports SAS II and SATA III for transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps when paired with a compatible controller.
The backplane can be mounted either vertically or horizontally, for error-free tray insertion and maximum compatibility with servers or desktop computers.You can lock the removable steel tray in place, providing an enhanced level of drive protection. The Non-Scratch SATA (NSS) connector provides a high 50,000+ insertion rating, your assurance of long-lasting performance of both the drive and the bay.
Convenient, interchangeable drive trays
Many fast-paced work environments require drives to be removed regularly. This convenient backplane lets you hot swap between systems quickly, without shutting down.
The included drive tray is interchangeable, working with both the single-bay backplane and the 4-bay backplane (SATSASBP425) so you can hot swap between systems for easy file access.
Vented metal design for durability
Engineered with high-quality metal, the robust metal housing delivers reliable performance. The venting helps to ensure proper air flow to assist with heat dissipation.
The SATSASBP125 single-bay backplane is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- System integrators and administrators looking for flexible management of their storage
- Build your incremental or off-site storage back-up plan by attaching hot swappable hard drives to your server or computer
- Fast-paced work environments where drives need to be replaced or removed regularly
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Supports a wide range of 2.5in SAS or SATA HDD/SSDs from 5- 15mm
- High quality vented metal housing maximizes heat dissipation
- Maximize performance through SAS II and SATA III, with file transfer speeds of up to 6Gbps
|Compatible Drive Types||SAS & SATA|
|Front Door Key Lock||Yes|
|Number of 2.5 inch bays||1|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Supported Drive Height(s)||5mm|
|Hot Swap Capability||Yes|
|Max Drive Capacity||Tested with hard drives up to 2TB at 7200 RPM|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||6 Gbps|
|Noise Level||20 bBA|
|Type and Rate||SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Drive Connectors||1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Flammability rating: UL94 - V0|
|LED Indicators||1 - Drive power and activity|
|Humidity||0% to 95% (non-condensing) at 25°C|
|Operating Temperature||-20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F)|
|Color||Black & Silver|
|Material||Aluminum and Steel|
|Max Drive Height||0.6 in [15 mm]|
|Product Height||1 in [2.5 cm]|
|Product Length||5.6 in [14.1 cm]|
|Product Width||4 in [10.1 cm]|
|Weight of Product||15.5 oz [440 g]|
|Package Height||1.7 in [43 mm]|
|Package Length||7.8 in [19.8 cm]|
|Package Width||5.9 in [15.1 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||21 oz [595 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 1-Bay 2.5in SATA/SAS Hard Drive Backplane|
|2 - Drive bay keys|
|1 - 2.5” HDD/SSD Drive Tray|
|1 - SATA cable|
|1 - Drive mounting screw kit|
|1 - Backplane mounting screw kit|
|1 - Quick install guide|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Although mobile racks can enable a Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) drive to connect using a standard Serial ATA (SATA) connector, the hard drive controller must be SAS compatible to properly support SAS drives. SAS controllers can work with SAS and SATA drives, but most SAS drives will only work with a SAS controller.
For further information about SAS and SATA interoperability, refer to the following FAQ: http://www.startech.com/faq/hard_drive_controllers_sas_drive_compatibility.
Yes, this mobile rack does support hot-swapping of SATA drives. To use this feature, it is required that the SATA port is set to Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI) mode and hot-swapping is enabled. On most motherboards, this is performed within the Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) or the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI). If you are using a SATA controller card, consult the motherboard manufacturer's technical documentation for the correct steps to accomplish this.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.