2 Port Low Profile SATA to eSATA Plate Adapter - F/M
Add two eSATA ports to your PC, extended from internal Serial ATA connection ports
Product ID: ESATAPLT2LPM
- Supports data transfer rates up to 6Gbps
- Compliant with Serial ATA III Specifications
- Low profile bracket for small form factor PCs
The ESATAPLT2LPM SATA to eSATA Plate Adapter (low profile/half-height) adds external data support to any existing Serial ATA (SATA) controller, enabling you to connect external SATA (eSATA) storage to a computer. With support for data transfer rates of up to 6Gbps, this external SATA plate lets you take advantage of the increased data integrity provided by external hard drives or RAID devices that support eSATA connections.
Connecting your eSATA storage couldn't be simpler - just install this plate into an open I/O low profile slot on your computer and connect your cables to the Serial ATA connectors on your motherboard or controller card. The SATA connector provides a secure connection to the motherboard or controller card, and is designed to take up minimal space inside the computer case, providing less clutter and increased airflow inside your case.
Like all of our cable products, the ESATAPLT2LPM SATA to eSATA Plate Adapter is backed by StarTech.com’s lifetime warranty.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Allows you to connect an external eSATA hard drive to a low profile PC
- Adds an external SATA (eSATA) port to your low-profile desktop computer, providing an external, shielded connection port on the back of your PC
- Backed by StarTech.com's lifetime warranty
Securely extend a SATA connection to a low profile plate, to enable an eSATA storage device connection
|Cable Jacket Type||PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride|
|Connector A||2 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Plug|
|Connector B||2 - eSATA (7 pin, Data) Plug|
|Product Height||64 mm [2.5 in]|
|Product Length||40 mm [1.6 in]|
|Product Weight||32 g [1.1 oz]|
|Product Width||10 mm [0.4 in]|
|Wire Gauge||26 AWG|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0 kg [0.1 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 2 Port Low Profile SATA to eSATA Plate Adapter|
|1 - Reverse Notch Low Profile Bracket|
Frequently Asked Questions
When you troubleshoot issues with a SATA cable, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
Hard disk drive
Hard drive controller (for example, motherboard)
To test your setup components, try the following:
Use the hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
Use a different hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test the hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable, it is recommended that you do the following:
Make sure that the hard drive is spinning without the SATA cable attached. The power cable should make the drive spin if it is a mechanical drive and not a solid state drive.
If your operating system is not detecting the hard disk drive, make sure that the drive is formatted with a partition (for example, NTFS or FAT32). If you are using a computer running a version of Windows, a drive letter must also be assigned to the hard disk drive.
For more information about how to initialize a drive, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=hard-drives#initialize-hard-drives.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.