HP AJ716B Compatible SFP+ Transceiver Module - 8GFC
8 Gbps | Multi Mode Fiber | LC | 300 m (984 ft) | Lifetime Warranty
Product ID: AJ716BST
The AJ716BST is an HP AJ716B compatible fiber transceiver module that has been designed, programmed and tested to work with HP® brand switches and routers. It delivers dependable 8Gb fiber channel connectivity over fiber cable, for 8GFC compliant networks, with a maximum distance of up to 300 m (984 ft.).
- Wavelength: 850 nm
- Maximum Data Transfer Rate: 8 Gbps
- Type: Multimode Fiber
- Connection Type: LC Connector
- Maximum Transfer Distance: 300 m (984 ft.)
- MTBF: 1,967,709 hours
- Power Consumption: Less than 1.2 Watts
- Digital Diagnostics Monitoring (DDM): Yes
This SFP+ fiber module is hot-swappable, making upgrades and replacements seamless by minimizing network disruptions.
All StarTech.com SFP & SFP+ transceiver modules are backed by a lifetime warranty and free lifetime multilingual technical support. StarTech.com offers a wide variety of SFP modules and direct-attach SFP cables, providing the convenience and reliability you need to ensure dependable network performance.
|Compatible Networks||8 Gbps|
|Fiber Operating Mode||Full-Duplex|
|Max Transfer Distance||300 m (984 ft)|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||8 Gbps|
|Local Unit Connectors||1 - Fiber Optic LC Duplex Female|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||For use in 8G Fibre Channel (8GFC) - Short Wave networking equipment and media converters|
|System and Cable Requirements||MSA or HP compliant SFP+ port|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||< 1.2 W|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F)|
|Product Height||12.6 mm [0.5 in]|
|Product Length||58.4 mm [2.3 in]|
|Product Weight||18 g [0.6 oz]|
|Product Width||13.9 mm [0.5 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||46 g [1.6 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - SFP+ transceiver|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
SFP fiber transceivers (mini-GBIC) are specific to applications and therefore, you need to select the correct fiber transceiver for your application. StarTech.com offers a few types of fiber transceivers: Cisco®, Cisco Meraki®, HP®, and Juniper® compatible, as well as standard gigabit SFP converters. Although the transceivers may be referred to as GBIC or mini-GBIC, the correct terminology for the device is small form-factor pluggable transceiver or SFP . StarTech.com does not carry GBIC converters.
If your device is not a Cisco device, it can still use Cisco compatible SFPs. Cisco SFPs are specifically coded to be compatible with Cisco devices. A standard SFP will not work in a Cisco device.
StarTech.com offers two different output connector types for SFPs: RJ-45 and fiber.
No special requirements are necessary to use RJ-45 SFPs. However, if you use fiber transceivers, the following items need to be the same as the interconnecting equipment:
The connector type, such as LC, SC, or ST.
The mode (single mode or multi mode).
The wavelength, such as 850 nm, 1310 nm, or 1550 nm.
The DDM support.
The speed, such as 10Gbps.
Note: The properties listed above cannot be converted or changed by a cable, excluding the connector type.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.