How do I use Miracast in Windows 8.1? [Firmware 2.0.0 to 2.0.4]
Note: In firmware 2.0.2, you need to press the Mode button to open the Miracast or WiDi splash screen.
Complete the following steps to check Miracast capability.
- To open the Charms menu, press the Windows key + C.
- Click Devices.
- Click Project.
If you see an Add wireless display link, the computer supports Miracast.
Note: If this option is missing, check for video card and wireless networking card driver updates.
Complete the following steps to connect using Miracast.
- Click Add wireless display.
- Click WIFI2HDMC. The screen will mirror to your TV, monitor, or projector.
The video card driver must support WDDM 1.3 or higher to use Miracast. To check this, do the following:
- Press Windows key + X.
- Click Run.
- Type dxiag.exe and press Enter.
- Click the Display tab.
The wireless card driver must support NDIS 6.3 or higher. To check this, do the following:
- Press the Windows key + C.
- Click Search.
- Type Windows Powershell.
- Right-click Windows Powershell and click Run as administrator.
- Type Get-NetAdapater | Select Name, NdisVersion.
Note: The wireless card and the video card must also support Miracast specifically.