50cm Serial Attached SCSI SAS Cable - SFF-8087 to 4x Latching SATA
Connect a SATA/SAS Controller to 4 SATA drives
Product ID: SAS8087S450
- 1x SFF-8087 connector
- 4x latching SATA connectors
- Supports up to 6Gbps per channel
- Multi-lane design
The SAS8087S450 SFF-8087 to 4x SATA SAS cable features one 36-pin plug (SFF-8087), which fans out to four SATA 7-pin receptacles, providing a reliable solution for connecting up to four SATA HDDs to a SAS controller or backplane.
Designed and constructed for long-lasting dependability and reliability, the 50cm (19.7in) Mini-SAS to 4x SATA cable is backed by lifetime warranty.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Latching connectors eliminate accidental disconnections
- Guaranteed reliability
Ingram Micro Italy
Tech Data - Italy
|Number of Conductors||2|
|Type and Rate||SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Connector A||1 - SFF-8087 (36 Pin, Internal Mini-SAS) Latching Plug|
|Connector B||4 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Latching Receptacle|
|Cable Length||0.5 m [1.6 ft]|
|Product Length||0.5 m [1.6 ft]|
|Weight of Product||47 g [1.7 oz]|
|Wire Gauge||30 AWG|
|Package Height||20 mm [0.8 in]|
|Package Length||22.5 cm [8.9 in]|
|Package Width||12.5 cm [4.9 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||52 g [1.8 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 50cm Serial Attached SCSI SAS Cable - SFF-8087 to 4x Latching SATA|
Frequently Asked Questions
When you troubleshoot issues with a SATA cable, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
Hard disk drive
Hard drive controller (for example, motherboard)
To test your setup components, try the following:
Use the hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
Use a different hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test the hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable, it is recommended that you do the following:
Make sure that the hard drive is spinning without the SATA cable attached. The power cable should make the drive spin if it is a mechanical drive and not a solid state drive.
If your operating system is not detecting the hard disk drive, make sure that the drive is formatted with a partition (for example, NTFS or FAT32). If you are using a computer running a version of Windows, a drive letter must also be assigned to the hard disk drive.
For more information about how to initialize a drive, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=hard-drives#initialize-hard-drives.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.