USB-A to USB-C Cable - M/M - 0.5 m - USB 3.1 (10Gbps)
Connect a USB Type-C device to your laptop or desktop computer with reduced clutter
Product ID: USB31AC50CM
- Supports USB 3.1 data transfer rates up to 10Gbps when used with USB 3.1 host and device
- Guaranteed reliability with our 2-year warranty
This USB to USB-C™ cable lets you connect your USB 3.1, USB Type-C™ devices such as a portable drive, or mobile device to the USB Type-A port on your computer, or charger.
Charge and sync your USB-C mobile devices while you’re on the road
This 0.5-meter cable is great for close-range connections to charge and sync your mobile devices with your laptop. You can move large files or transfer movies can be done in seconds, at twice the speed of USB 3.0 and 20x faster than USB 2.0.
You can also use the cable to charge your devices from a USB-A wall charger, car charger or power bank -- perfect for people on the move, for providing simple, tidy connections.
Connect your USB 3.1 peripherals
The short cable lets you set up in small offsite workspaces, or in a coffee shop or hotel room. It lets you connect a USB 3.1 peripheral device, such as your external hard drive to your laptop, without excess cable getting in your way.
With a bandwidth of 10Gbps, this USB 3.1 Gen 2 cable lets you sync your USB Type-C devices in no time at all. You can spend less time transferring and backing up your data and more time focusing on your projects and presentations.
The USB31AC50CM from StarTech.com comes with a 2-year warranty for guaranteed reliability.
- Connect USB-C peripherals, such as a portable drive, to your USB-A laptop or tablet
- Charge your USB-C mobile device from a USB-A laptop or wall charger
- Sync your USB-C mobile device with a USB-A computer
Ingram Micro Italy
Tech Data - Italy
|Cable Jacket Type||PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride|
|Cable Shield Type||Aluminum-Mylar Foil with Braid|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.1 Gen 2 - 10 Gbit/s|
|Connector A||1 - USB 3.1 USB Type-A (9 pin, Gen 2, 10 Gbps) Male|
|Connector B||1 - USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.1 (10Gbps) Male|
|Cable Length||0.5 m [1.6 ft]|
|Product Height||1 cm [0.4 in]|
|Product Length||0.5 m [1.6 ft]|
|Product Width||12 mm [0.5 in]|
|Weight of Product||29 g [1 oz]|
|Wire Gauge||30 AWG|
|Package Height||10 mm [0.4 in]|
|Package Length||22.3 cm [8.8 in]|
|Package Width||90 mm [3.5 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||29 g [1 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB-C to USB-A cable|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
USB 3.1 is the most recent version of the USB (Universal Serial Bus) standard for connecting computers and electronic devices. It is capable of data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps, and while it can use the USB-C connector type, it can also use a variety of other connector types. To achieve USB 3.1 transfer speeds, your USB host connection, cables, and device must all support USB 3.1. USB 3.1 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps).
USB 3.0 is capable of data transfer speeds up to 5Gbps. USB 3.0 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gbps).
USB 3.1 is backwards compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, except in the following scenarios:
- USB-B 3.1 cables are not compatible with USB-B 2.0 ports.
- Unless you use an adapter, USB-C ports or cables will not work with USB-A or USB-B ports or cables.
- Devices that require USB 3.1 transfer speeds of 10Gbps might not work with USB 3.0 or USB 2.0, or you might experience lower transfer speeds and impacted performance.
- Bus-powered USB devices that requires more power than what USB 2.0 can provide are not compatible with USB 2.0.
For products related to this article, click here.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.