USB-C Cable with Power Delivery (5A) - M/M - 1 m (3 ft.) - USB 3.1 (10Gbps) - USB-IF Certified
Power your USB Type-C devices
Product ID: USB31C5C1M
This USB-C™ cable with power delivery lets you power your USB Type-C™ devices from your USB-C laptop or charge your USB-C laptop from a USB-C wall charger. The USB 3.1 Gen 2 cable is also capable of high-speed data transfers up to 10Gbps. It’s the all-in-one cable for both power and data.
Power your USB-C devices
With up to 5A (100W) of power output, you can use this USB Type-C cable to power your external drive from your USB-C laptop.
The cable also lets you power and charge a USB-C laptop, such as your Apple MacBook or Chromebook Pixel™ from a USB-C wall charger, car charger or power bank. Or, you can power your laptop from a USB-C docking station.
Fast-charge your mobile devices
The 5A of power delivery lets you charge your mobile devices faster than with a regular USB-C 3.0 cable. The cable is perfect for people on the move - decrease your charge times and make sure your mobile devices are ready, whenever you need them, while you’re on the road.
Deliver full 4K video
The cable supports full 4K 60Hz video and DisplayPort 1.2 and is compatible with existing DisplayPort displays. It's ideal for connecting your docking station or laptop to a monitor with astonishing resolution, contrast, and color depth for amazing detail.
Provide superior connections with USB-IF certified cables
The cable has undergone rigorous compliance testing and is certified by USB-IF (USB Implementers Forum) to meet all USB 3.1 specifications. This includes all environmental, electrical and mechanical standards, which ensures a reliable and high-quality cable for all of your USB-C devices.
The USB31C5C1M from StarTech.com is backed by a 2-year warranty for guaranteed reliability.
- Power your external USB-C drive from your USB-C laptop
- Power your USB-C laptop from a USB Type-C wall charger, car charger or power bank
- Charge your USB Type-C laptop from your docking station
- Fast charge your USB-C mobile devices from your USB-C laptop or wall charger
- Sync your USB-C mobile devices with your USB-C computer
Ingram Micro Italy
Tech Data - Italy
|Cable Jacket Type||PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride|
|Cable Shield Type||Aluminum-Mylar Foil with Braid|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.1 Gen 2 - 10 Gbit/s|
|Connector A||1 - USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.1 (10Gbps) Male|
|Connector B||1 - USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.1 (10Gbps) Male|
|Cable Length||1 m [3.3 ft]|
|Product Length||1 m [3.3 ft]|
|Weight of Product||55 g [1.9 oz]|
|Wire Gauge||26/32 AWG|
|Package Height||17 mm [0.7 in]|
|Package Length||22.5 cm [8.9 in]|
|Package Width||12.5 cm [4.9 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||59 g [2.1 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB-C cable|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
USB 3.1 is the most recent version of the USB (Universal Serial Bus) standard for connecting computers and electronic devices. It is capable of data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps, and while it can use the USB-C connector type, it can also use a variety of other connector types. To achieve USB 3.1 transfer speeds, your USB host connection, cables, and device must all support USB 3.1. USB 3.1 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps).
USB 3.0 is capable of data transfer speeds up to 5Gbps. USB 3.0 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gbps).
USB 3.1 is backwards compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, except in the following scenarios:
- USB-B 3.1 cables are not compatible with USB-B 2.0 ports.
- Unless you use an adapter, USB-C ports or cables will not work with USB-A or USB-B ports or cables.
- Devices that require USB 3.1 transfer speeds of 10Gbps might not work with USB 3.0 or USB 2.0, or you might experience lower transfer speeds and impacted performance.
- Bus-powered USB devices that requires more power than what USB 2.0 can provide are not compatible with USB 2.0.
For products related to this article, click here.
USB-C is a type of USB connector that is capable of supporting the following:
- Data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps, if you use USB 3.1.
- Bi-directional power delivery up to 100W, if both the USB host connection and the device support it.
- Alternate modes, which deliver different types of data at different speeds. For example, DisplayPort Alternate Mode (DP Alt Mode).
If using Thunderbolt 3 over USB-C, the connection is capable of additional features. For example, Thunderbolt 3 is capable of 40Gbps of total bandwidth. For more information, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/thunderbolt-3-port-capabilities.
Not all USB-C ports or devices are capable of supporting all of the features listed above, or all of the features at the maximum capabilities. If you require a specific USB-C feature, your USB host connection, cables, and device must all support the feature that you require. For more information about whether your components support specific USB-C features, refer to the information provided by the manufacturers.
To use all of the features of this USB-C device, it is required that all of the following components support USB Power Delivery 2.0:
- The USB-C host connection.
- The USB-C cable.
- The USB-C device (for example, a hard drive docking station).
To check how much power this device requires, visit the product page, and look on the Technical Specifications tab.
For more information about the power delivery capabilities of your other components, refer to the information provided by the manufacturers.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.