18in SATA to Left Side Angle SATA Serial ATA Cable
Make a left side-angled connection to your SATA drive, for installation in narrow spaces
Product ID: SATA18LSA1
The SATA18LSA1 Left Side-Angled SATA Cable (18-inch) features one straight and one left side-angled (7-pin) data receptacle, which positions the cable so that it runs parallel to the drive ports – ideal for connectivity in narrow spaces, enabling installation of the drive as needed within the system case.
The cable also features a flexible low profile design that helps improve airflow and reduce clutter in your computer case, which helps keep the case clean and cool.
Constructed of only top quality materials and designed for optimum performance and reliability this 18" SATA cable supports full SATA 3.0 bandwidth (up to 6Gbps) when used with SATA 3.0 compliant drives and is backed by our lifetime warranty.
- Installing Serial ATA hard drives, and DVD drives in Small Form Factor computer cases
- Server and storage subsystem applications
- High-end workstation drive installations
- Connections to SATA Drive Arrays
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Provides maximum flexibility for positioning SATA drives within a computer case, using a left side-angled SATA connector that easily fits into narrow spaces
- Helps ensure optimum system performance by reducing clutter and increasing airflow within the computer/server case, using a thin cable design
- Offers a reliable connection, guaranteed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty
|Cable Jacket Material||PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride|
|Type and Rate||SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Connector A||1 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Receptacle|
|Connector B||1 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Receptacle|
|Cable Length||18 in [457.2 mm]|
|Product Length||18 in [457.2 mm]|
|Weight of Product||0.5 oz [15 g]|
|Wire Gauge||26 AWG (0.404 mm)|
|Package Height||0.4 in [10 mm]|
|Package Length||9.1 in [23.2 cm]|
|Package Width||4.9 in [12.5 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0 lb [0 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 18in SATA to Left Side Angle SATA Serial ATA Cable|
Frequently Asked Questions
When you troubleshoot issues with a SATA cable, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
Hard disk drive
Hard drive controller (for example, motherboard)
To test your setup components, try the following:
Use the hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
Use a different hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test the hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable, it is recommended that you do the following:
Make sure that the hard drive is spinning without the SATA cable attached. The power cable should make the drive spin if it is a mechanical drive and not a solid state drive.
If your operating system is not detecting the hard disk drive, make sure that the drive is formatted with a partition (for example, NTFS or FAT32). If you are using a computer running a version of Windows, a drive letter must also be assigned to the hard disk drive.
For more information about how to initialize a drive, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=hard-drives#initialize-hard-drives.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.