USB-C Cable - M/M - 1m (3ft) - USB 3.1 (10Gbps) - USB-IF Certified
Connect your USB Type-C devices
Product ID: USB31CC1M
This USB-C™ to USB-C cable lets you connect a USB 3.1, USB Type-C™ device, such as a hard drive or mobile device, to the USB-C port on your computer, charger or tablet. The cable is also compatible with Thunderbolt™ 3 ports.
Charge and sync your USB Type-C mobile devices
This 1-meter cable lets you charge or sync your mobile devices with your laptop or desktop computer. Moving large files or transferring movies can be done in seconds, at twice the speed of USB 3.0 and 20x faster than USB 2.0 -- all while charging your device with 60 watts (3 amps) power delivery.
You can also use the cable to charge your devices from a USB-C wall charger, car charger or power bank -- perfect for people on the move, for providing simple, tidy connections.
Connect your USB 3.1 peripherals
You’ll also be able to connect your USB 3.1 peripheral devices, such as hard drive enclosures and docks, to your laptop. With a bandwidth of 10Gbps, this USB 3.1 Gen 2 cable lets you sync your USB Type-C devices in no time at all. You can spend less time transferring and backing up your data and more time focusing on your projects and presentations.
Deliver full 4K video
The cable supports full 4K 60Hz video and DisplayPort 1.2 and is compatible with existing DisplayPort displays. It's ideal for connecting your docking station or laptop to a monitor with astonishing resolution, contrast, and color depth for amazing detail.
Provide superior connections with USB-IF certified cables
This USB-C cable has been certified with USB-IF (USB Implementers Forum) in order to meet all USB 3.1 specifications. This includes all environmental, electrical and mechanical standards set by USB compliance. This ensures a high-quality, reliable cable for all your USB-C devices.
The USB31CC1M is backed by StarTech.com’s 2-year warranty for guaranteed reliability.
|Cable Jacket Type||PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride|
|Cable Shield Type||Aluminum-Mylar Foil with Braid|
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||4K @ 60Hz|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.1 Gen 2 - 10 Gbit/s|
|Connector A||1 - USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.1 (10Gbps) Male|
|Connector B||1 - USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.1 (10Gbps) Male|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Your USB-C port must support DisplayPort over USB-C (DP Alt mode) in order to work with this adapter.|
|Cable Length||3.3 ft [1 m]|
|Product Height||0.3 in [6.5 mm]|
|Product Length||3.3 ft [1 m]|
|Product Weight||1.5 oz [43 g]|
|Product Width||0.5 in [12.3 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1.7 oz [48 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 1m USB 3.1 USB-C Cable|
USB-A to USB-C™ Cable | USB-IF Certified | USB 3.1 (10Gbps)
Connect USB 3.1 or 3.0 USB-B devices to your USB-C tablet or laptop or computer
Connect USB Micro-B devices to your USB-C host, using this durable 1-meter cable
Connect your USB Type-C laptop to a USB legacy peripheral device, with this durable adapter
Connect your USB Type-C devices to your laptop or desktop computer
Connect USB 2.0 USB-B devices to your USB-C host
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
USB 3.1 is the most recent version of the USB (Universal Serial Bus) standard for connecting computers and electronic devices. It is capable of data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps, and while it can use the USB-C connector type, it can also use a variety of other connector types. To achieve USB 3.1 transfer speeds, your USB host connection, cables, and device must all support USB 3.1. USB 3.1 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps).
USB 3.0 is capable of data transfer speeds up to 5Gbps. USB 3.0 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gbps).
USB 3.1 is backwards compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, except in the following scenarios:
- USB-B 3.1 cables are not compatible with USB-B 2.0 ports.
- Unless you use an adapter, USB-C ports or cables will not work with USB-A or USB-B ports or cables.
- Devices that require USB 3.1 transfer speeds of 10Gbps might not work with USB 3.0 or USB 2.0, or you might experience lower transfer speeds and impacted performance.
- Bus-powered USB devices that requires more power than what USB 2.0 can provide are not compatible with USB 2.0.
For products related to this article, click here.
USB-C is a type of USB connector that is capable of supporting the following:
- Data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps, if you use USB 3.1.
- Bi-directional power delivery up to 100W, if both the USB host connection and the device support it.
- Alternate modes, which deliver different types of data at different speeds. For example, DisplayPort Alternate Mode (DP Alt Mode).
If using Thunderbolt 3 over USB-C, the connection is capable of additional features. For example, Thunderbolt 3 is capable of 40Gbps of total bandwidth. For more information, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/thunderbolt-3-port-capabilities.
Not all USB-C ports or devices are capable of supporting all of the features listed above, or all of the features at the maximum capabilities. If you require a specific USB-C feature, your USB host connection, cables, and device must all support the feature that you require. For more information about whether your components support specific USB-C features, refer to the information provided by the manufacturers.
Some USB-C controller cards do not support the reversibility of the USB-C connector, which means that some cable and host controller combinations only receive USB 3.1 speeds in one orientation. To determine if this is the cause of your issue, unplug your USB-C cable and flip the cable upside down and plug it back into the USB controller card.
Although USB-C supports transfer speeds up to 10 Gbps, all of the devices in your setup must support USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) in order to transfer data at that speed. The maximum data transfer speed you will experience is the fastest transfer speed that the slowest device in your setup supports.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.