2.5in SATA/SAS SSD/HDD to 3.5in SATA Hard Drive Converter
Turn Virtually any 2.5" SATA or SAS Hard Drive into a 3.5" SATA Drive
Product ID: 25SATSAS35
The 25SATSAS35 2.5-inch SATA/SAS to 3.5-inch SATA Hard Drive Converter converts a 2.5-inch SATA or SAS hard drive (HDD) or solid state drive (SSD) into a 3.5-inch form factor SATA Hard Drive.
The converter provides a versatile solution for 2.5-inch drive installations, enabling you to install a 2.5-inch SATA/SAS drive in a 3.5-inch bay, drive drawer caddy/tray, or into a 3.5-inch drive enclosure.
To maximize performance and utilize the full speed potential of your SATA III hard drives, this HDD Backplane supports SATA III for transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps when paired with compatible controller.
Suitable for drives with a height of up to 15mm, virtually any 2.5-inch SATA or SAS hard drive can be made to look and function like a 3.5-inch hard drive. The drive converter includes mounting holes along the side and base, allowing you to mount the drive if needed, into a compatible system.
The Drive Converter features a trayless design for simple drive installation and removal, and is constructed of durable, yet lightweight plastics, with ventilation openings to aid air flow and help keep hard drives running cooler.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Use available 2.5" hard drives in place of a 3.5" hard drive
- Install a 2.5" hard drive into a 3.5" hard drive enclosure or backplane
- Turn unused 2.5" hard drives into additional storage in a desktop computer
- Use large capacity 12.5mm SATA drives as a front bay removable drive
The StarTech.com Advantage
- A trayless design and support for 15mm drives enables quick and easy install/removal of drives, including newer high capacity drives
- Includes mounting holes on the side and base, providing compatibility with some OEM branded systems, such as Dell
- Can be mounted into a 3.5" front bay as a 2.5" HDD Mobile Rack or treated as a regular 3.5" hard drive
- Maximize performance, with file transfer speeds up to 6Gbps when paired with SATA III HDD and controller
|Compatible Drive Types||SAS & SATA|
|Front Door Key Lock||No|
|Number of 2.5 inch bays||1|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Drive Connectors||1 - SFF-8482 (29 pin, Data & Power, Internal SAS) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Plug|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Although mobile racks can enable a Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) drive to connect using a standard Serial ATA (SATA) connector, the hard drive controller must be SAS compatible to properly support SAS drives. SAS controllers can work with SAS and SATA drives, but most SAS drives will only work with a SAS controller.|
|Max Drive Height||0.6 in [15 mm]|
|Product Height||1 in [25 mm]|
|Product Length||5.7 in [14.5 cm]|
|Product Width||3.9 in [10 cm]|
|Weight of Product||4.8 oz [136 g]|
|Package Height||1.3 in [34 mm]|
|Package Length||6.8 in [17.2 cm]|
|Package Width||5.6 in [14.2 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||7.1 oz [200 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 2.5" to 3.5" HDD Converter|
|10 - screws (6 round, 4 flat)|
Desktop Front Bay Adapter
Mount a 2.5in SATA hard drive to any computer with an available 3.5in bay
Mount a 3.5in hard drive to any desktop with an available 5.25in bay
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Although mobile racks can enable a Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) drive to connect using a standard Serial ATA (SATA) connector, the hard drive controller must be SAS compatible to properly support SAS drives. SAS controllers can work with SAS and SATA drives, but most SAS drives will only work with a SAS controller.
For further information about SAS and SATA interoperability, refer to the following FAQ: http://www.startech.com/faq/hard_drive_controllers_sas_drive_compatibility.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.