10 ft 2-in-1 Universal USB KVM Cable
Connect VGA and USB-equipped computers to a KVM Switch using a single cable
Product ID: SVUSB2N1_10
The SVUSB2N1_10 10ft 2-in-1 USB + VGA KVM switch Cable is constructed of high quality materials and is expertly designed to ensure crystal clear display quality, and reliable connections.
Our universal USB KVM switch cables prevent tangles and keep your workspace neat, while delivering excellent performance with your StarTech.com or other KVM switch.
Compatible StarTech.com KVMs can be found under the Accessories section.
Aten models (CS102U, CS104U)
Belkin models (F1DN102U, F1DN104U, F1DN108U)
TrippLite models (B006-004-R)
Cables to go models (35555, 35566, 35554, 52064)
IOGear models (GCS102U, GCS104U)
Backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Unique design minimizes the number of cables required
|Connector A||1 - USB Type-A (4 pin) USB 2.0 Male|
|1 - VGA (15 pin, High Density D-Sub) Male|
|Connector B||1 - USB B (4 pin) Male|
|1 - VGA (15 pin, High Density D-Sub) Female|
|Cable Length||10 ft [3 m]|
|Product Length||10 ft [3 m]|
|Weight of Product||15.5 oz [440 g]|
|Package Height||1 in [26 mm]|
|Package Length||15.7 in [40 cm]|
|Package Width||5.5 in [14 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||15.8 oz [449 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 10 Ft. USB+VGA 2-in-1 KVM Switch Cable|
Control 2 USB VGA based computers with this complete KVM kit including cables
Control up to 4 PC or Mac® computers from a single keyboard, mouse and monitor and share any USB device between all connected computers
Share keyboard, mouse, speakers and a VGA display between four multimedia computers
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
It can be difficult to tell which ones are right for the KVM switch you are interested in. How can you tell which KVM cables you require? How can you tell if a KVM switch requires proprietary cables? How do these cables work?
Standard KVM Switches and Cables
Note: You will need one bundle of KVM cables per computer you want to connect to the KVM switch.
Standard KVM switches have no special cable requirements. If you have spare video and PS/2 or USB cables, you can use them to hook up the KVM switch to your computers. StarTech.com still sells KVM cable packages, but they are just for the convenience of buying them in bundles and usually involve some savings. Keep in mind that even if you have some of the cables you need, it still might be advantageous to buy the bundle.
KVM Switches with Opposite Gender Video Connections
Some KVM switches use male video connections for the computers and female video connections for the console ports. In this case you simply need a video extension cable, or a KVM cable package appropriate to the KVM switch. This is so you cannot accidentally plug cables from your computer into the console ports.
KVM Switches Requiring Proprietary Cables
KVM switches can also use proprietary KVM cables to connect to the individual computers. This is often done with larger KVM switches and KVM switches intended for a server environment. These cables use a proprietary pinout which does not conform to the video standard in use, as the cable carries both the video and PS/2 or USB data along a single cable.
If you are unsure whether or not you need special cables, complete the following:
- Check the Technical Specifications tab on the individual product pages for What's in the Box. This section lists everything that comes with your purchase, and your KVM switch might come with the cables.
- Check the Accessories tab. This section lists potential accessories for the product you are looking at. StarTech.com will list the appropriate KVM cables for the KVM switch here.
- Check the Gallery and look at a picture of the back of the KVM switch.
Note: If there are no PS/2 or USB ports on the back of the KVM switch other than for the console, you will require proprietary cables.
If at this point you require further assistance in deciding which cables to purchase with your StarTech.com KVM switch, contact our technical support team.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.