1,8m (6 ft) HDMI to VGA Active Converter Cable - HDMI to VGA Adapter - 1920x1200 or 1080p
Eliminate adapters, by connecting your HDMI source directly to a VGA monitor/projector using this 6ft adapter cable
Product ID: HD2VGAMM6
- Reduce clutter with short 6ft adapter cable
- Avoid the hassle of additional adapters or cables with a built in cable connecting an HDMI video source directly to a VGA monitor or projector
- Save upgrade cost by connecting your HDMI computer to a VGA monitor or projector
The HD2VGAMM6 6ft HDMI® to VGA converter cable lets you connect your HDMI equipped Chromebook™, laptop or desktop to a VGA monitor or projector, with no additional adapters or cables required.
The converter cable saves you the hassle of combining an HDMI to VGA adapter with a bulky VGA cable by providing an end-to-end solution for connecting your digital HDMI computer to your VGA monitor or projector.
Unlike most HDMI to VGA adapters which require a power outlet to convert the video signal, the HD2VGAMM6 doesn’t need external power in most installations. To work with Mac computers where extra power is needed, the HD2VGAMM6 features an optional integrated USB power source (USB cable not included), which makes connecting a display to your desktop or workstation that much easier, if additional power is required.
In the past, converting digital HDMI to analog VGA was a difficult and expensive task. Now, you can avoid upgrade costs by connecting your HDMI video source to your existing VGA monitor or projector using the HD2VGAMM6. Plus, because the adapter cable supports video resolutions up to 1920x1200 or 1080p, you can rest assured you can use your existing VGA display while maintaining high-definition video quality.
The HD2VGAMM6 converter cable delivers a precise 6ft connection that eliminates the clutter of excess cable length and ensures a tidy, professional installation. For longer shorter installations, we offer a 3 ft HDMI to VGA cable(HD2VGAMM3), and longer installations we offer a 10 ft HDMI to VGA cable(HD2VGAMM10), enabling you to choose the right cable length for your installation needs.
Please note: Digitally encrypted content from the HDMI video source will not be displayed.
The HD2VGAMM6 is backed by a 3-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Connect an HDMI computer to your classroom or boardroom projector
- Use in your boardroom or workstation for installation requiring 6 feet of cable
- Install in your at home work station to make your HDMI computer compatible with your VGA monitor
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Reduce clutter in your classroom or workstation with a precise 6 foot cable connecting your HDMI computer to your VGA display
- Hassle-free installation with cable-style adapter enabling you to connect your HDMI source directly to a VGA display with no additional video cable required
- Save upgrade costs by connecting your HDMI computer to an existing VGA monitor, projector or television
|Active or Passive Adapter||Active|
|Chipset ID||Chrontel - 7101A|
|Maximum Analog Resolutions||1920 x 1200|
|Maximum Cable Length||72 in [1828.8 mm]|
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||PC resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz|
|Connector A||1 - HDMI (19 pin) Male Input|
|Connector B||1 - VGA (15 pin, High Density D-Sub) Male Output|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - USB Micro-B (5 pin) Female|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 60°C (32°F to 140°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 70°C (14°F to 158°F)|
|Cable Length||6 ft [1.8 m]|
|Product Height||0.6 in [1.5 cm]|
|Product Length||6.1 ft [1.9 m]|
|Product Width||1.6 in [40 mm]|
|Weight of Product||4 oz [112.8 g]|
|Package Height||0.6 in [15 mm]|
|Package Length||8.8 in [22.3 cm]|
|Package Width||7.8 in [19.8 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||4.6 oz [130 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - HDMI to VGA adapter cable|
Connect an HDMI® equipped Laptop, Ultrabook, or Desktop Computer to your VGA Display, or Projector
Compact HDMI to VGA Adapter Converter - Ideal for Chromebooks Ultrabooks & Laptops – 1920x1200/1080p
Connect an HDMI device/computer to a VGA monitor or projector, with this slim adapter ideal for Chromebooks / laptops / ultrabooks
Convert an HDMI® video signal to VGA, with discrete audio output
This highly-portable adapter is the ideal travel companion for your Chromebook or Ultrabook laptop
Mirror the output from a VGA source to two VGA monitors
Convert a VGA male connector into a VGA female connector
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
This is an active video signal converter.
A passive video signal converter changes the type of connection that is being used but does not change the signal that passes through the converter. Because the video signal is not modified, passive converters tend to be smaller, simpler, and less expensive than active video signal converters. Examples of passive converters include DVI-I to VGA, HDMI to DVI, and DisplayPort to Mini-DisplayPort converters.
An active video signal converter modifies both the type of connection that is being used and the signal that passes through the converter. Because this type of conversion can be complex, active converters tend to be larger than passive video signal converters and sometimes require additional power. Examples of active converters include DVI-D to VGA, HDMI to DisplayPort, and VGA to HDMI converters.
For more information about passive and active DisplayPort video signal converters, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/DisplayPort_Converter_DP_Multi_Mode.
For more information about which type of video signal converter you should use when you convert video signals with an MST hub, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/mst_hubs_passive_vs_active_adapters.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.