VGA to HDMI Adapter with USB Audio & Power – Portable VGA to HDMI Converter – 1080p
Convert a VGA signal from a laptop or desktop to HDMI (USB-Powered)
Product ID: VGA2HDU
- Supports video resolutions up to 1920x1080
- Plug-and-play installation
- USB powered
- USB audio
- Compact, lightweight design
The VGA2HDU VGA to HDMI adapter lets you turn the VGA port on your Desktop or Laptop computer into an HDMI output port.
With the VGA2HDU, you can expand your VGA video output to accommodate the increasing number of displays and projectors that only support HDMI.
Not all VGA converters are created equal. This adapter ensures you're harnessing the highest video quality from your VGA output, with support for resolutions up to 1920x1080 (1080p).
For hassle-free setup the VGA to HDMI adapter allows for plug-and-play installation. Plus, with a built-in USB power cable the device is powered using the USB port on your computer. The VGA to HDMI adapter will work with any computer operating system, but when working with a Windows® computer the adapter supports native USB audio, allowing you to add your computer audio to the HDMI signal.
The VGA2HDU is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Connect your VGA-equipped computer to an HDMI home theatre system
- Share video content from your VGA-equipped computer on an HDMI television or projector
- Connect a legacy VGA-equipped device to a newer HDMI display
- Share audio from your Windows based PC
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Hassle-free setup with plug-and-play installation
- Maximum portability with USB power/audio, and compact, lightweight design
Ingram Micro Singapore
|Active or Passive Adapter||Active|
|Chipset ID||Micro Silicon - MS9282|
|Maximum Analog Resolutions||1920x1080|
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||1920x1080|
|Supported Resolutions||1920x1080 (1080p)
|Wide Screen Supported||Yes|
|Connector A||1 - VGA (15 pin, High Density D-Sub) Male Input|
|1 - USB Type-A (4 pin) USB 2.0 Male|
|Connector B||1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female Output|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||When used with a Windows® computer this adapter supports native USB audio.|
|If used with a computer, volume levels cannot be adjusted using the operating system. Volume levels can be controlled by the output device (TV, speakers, audio receiver, etc).|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 60°C (32°F to 140°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 70°C (14°F to 158°F)|
|Product Height||0.6 in [1.5 cm]|
|Product Length||10.2 in [26 cm]|
|Product Width||1.4 in [35 mm]|
|Weight of Product||2.5 oz [70.7 g]|
|Package Height||1.2 in [30 mm]|
|Package Length||6.8 in [17.3 cm]|
|Package Width||5.7 in [14.4 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||5.3 oz [151 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - VGA to HDMI adapter w/ USB power & audio|
|1 - 2ft USB Extension Cable|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
This is an active video signal converter.
A passive video signal converter changes the type of connection that is being used but does not change the signal that passes through the converter. Because the video signal is not modified, passive converters tend to be smaller, simpler, and less expensive than active video signal converters. Examples of passive converters include DVI-I to VGA, HDMI to DVI, and DisplayPort to Mini-DisplayPort converters.
An active video signal converter modifies both the type of connection that is being used and the signal that passes through the converter. Because this type of conversion can be complex, active converters tend to be larger than passive video signal converters and sometimes require additional power. Examples of active converters include DVI-D to VGA, HDMI to DisplayPort, and VGA to HDMI converters.
For more information about passive and active DisplayPort video signal converters, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/DisplayPort_Converter_DP_Multi_Mode.
For more information about which type of video signal converter you should use when you convert video signals with an MST hub, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/mst_hubs_passive_vs_active_adapters.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.