USB-C, HDMI or Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Converter Cable - 1,8 m (6 ft.)
Connect your USB Type-C, HDMI or Mini DisplayPort laptop to an HDMI display or projector
Product ID: CMDPHD2HD
- Avoid the hassle of using multiple adapters in a single boardroom or classroom
- Be prepared for all of your presentations and different user requirements
- Astonishing video quality with support for video resolutions up to 4K at 30Hz
This unique adapter cable lets you connect almost any laptop or desktop computer to an HDMI® display or projector. It supports the USB-C™, HDMI and Mini DisplayPort™ output from your computer, and video resolutions up to Ultra HD 4K.
The adapter is compatible with your DP alt mode computer. DP alt mode means your computer can pass a DisplayPort video signal through the USB-C port.
Simple boardroom setup
This adapter cable is ideal for your boardroom’s HDMI display or projector. You can reduce clutter and eliminate the need for multiple adapters on your boardroom table by providing a single adapter cable that can support a variety of signals.
One adapter for multiple users
The adapter cable supports multiple input signal types, so you’ll be able to accommodate a variety of user needs. Employees and guests can plug in their USB Type-C™, HDMI or mDP laptops and deliver their presentations using your boardroom’s HDMI display, without having to carry their own adapters.
Astonishing picture quality
This adapter cable ensures you can maintain an astonishing picture quality with four times the resolution of 1080p. The adapter is also backward compatible with lower resolution displays and video sources. With support for high-definition resolutions of 1080p and 720p, you can future-proof your existing setup for 4K video.
The adapter can be powered through the provided Micro-USB cable by connecting the cable from the adapter to a USB port on your laptop or the HDMI display. You can connect your laptop to either input on the adapter cable, and share presentations.
The CMDPHD2HD is backed by a 3-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Note: Your USB-C equipped device must support video to work with this adapter.
- Connect a USB-C, HDMI or Mini DisplayPort computer to an HDMI display or projector
- Replace multiple boardroom adapters with a single adapter that can support three video inputs
- Use in school rooms to allow different teachers and students to present information from various types of laptops
Ingram Micro Singapore
|Active or Passive Adapter||Passive|
|Adapter Style||Cable Adapters|
|Wide Screen Supported||Yes|
|Connector A||1 - Mini-DisplayPort (20 pin) Male|
|1 - HDMI (19 pin) Male|
|1 - USB-C (24 pin) DisplayPort Alt Mode Male|
|Connector B||1 - HDMI (19 pin) Male|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - USB Micro-B (5 pin) Female|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Your USB-C port must support DisplayPort over USB-C (DP Alt mode) in order to work with this adapter.|
|Humidity||5% ~ 90% RH|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 60°C (32°F to 140°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 80°C (14°F to 176°F)|
|Cable Length||6.6 ft [2 m]|
|Product Height||0.6 in [1.5 cm]|
|Product Length||6.6 ft [2 m]|
|Product Width||2.4 in [60 mm]|
|Weight of Product||7.8 oz [222 g]|
|Package Height||2.6 in [67 mm]|
|Package Length||8.7 in [22.1 cm]|
|Package Width||4.8 in [12.2 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||16.9 oz [478 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 2m USB-C, HDMI or mDP to HDMI Converter Cable|
|1 - 2m Micro USB cable|
|1 - instruction manual|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
USB-C is a type of USB connector that is capable of supporting the following:
- Data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps, if you use USB 3.1.
- Bi-directional power delivery up to 100W, if both the USB host connection and the device support it.
- Alternate modes, which deliver different types of data at different speeds. For example, DisplayPort Alternate Mode (DP Alt Mode).
If using Thunderbolt 3 over USB-C, the connection is capable of additional features. For example, Thunderbolt 3 is capable of 40Gbps of total bandwidth. For more information, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/thunderbolt-3-port-capabilities.
Not all USB-C ports or devices are capable of supporting all of the features listed above, or all of the features at the maximum capabilities. If you require a specific USB-C feature, your USB host connection, cables, and device must all support the feature that you require. For more information about whether your components support specific USB-C features, refer to the information provided by the manufacturers.
This USB-C device requires that all of the following components support alternate modes:
- The USB-C host connection (for example, a computer and its port)
- The USB-C cable
- The USB-C device (for example, a hard drive docking station)
If your host device includes a Thunderbolt™ 3 connection, this USB-C device will work with your host device.
For more information about the modes that your setup components support, refer to the information provided by the manufacturers.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.