USB to VGA External Video Card Multi Monitor Adapter – 1920x1200
USB 2.0 External Video & Graphics Card | Multi-Monitor | USB-Powered | Supports Windows®
Product ID: USB2VGAE3
- Supports resolutions up to 1920x1200
- Works with desktop and laptop computers
- No power adapter required
- Small form factor
- Simple installation
The USB2VGAE3 USB VGA Multi-Monitor External Video Adapter lets you add a high-resolution (1920x1200) external VGA output to your desktop or laptop computer, using an available USB 2.0 port.
A cost-effective solution for systems that lack the outputs required for a multi-monitor setup, this high-performance USB to VGA adapter can be used to mirror your primary display and show the same image on both screens, or extend your desktop to double your workspace.
This small form factor USB video adapter can be used with up to 4 additional (5 total) USB2VGAE3 USB video adapters, creating multiple VGA connections to add displays quickly and easily - all without having to open the computer case to add extra video cards.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Add a secondary display adapter and extend your desktop display without taking apart your computer to install a new video card
- Add multiple (up to 5) monitors / projectors to your computer setup using one USB2VGAE3 device for each additional display
- View large or multiple spreadsheets across multiple displays
- A compact, lightweight solution for traveling business associates using laptop PCs enabling connection to a secondary display
- Connect multiple monitors to a single computer to create engaging multimedia presentations
- Use the adapter to connect your PC to your television for showing family pictures and movies
- Increase productivity by running multiple applications on different screens, check your email on one display and work on a document in the other
- Great for researchers and writers offering the ability to have reference material on one display and a working document copy on the other
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Compact, USB-powered adapter provides the easiest way add secondary or multiple high-resolution displays to your PC
- Completely external device offers a simple upgrade solution saving the cost and hassle of upgrading the internal video card on your system
- The ability to use multiple adapters (up to five) provides a scalable display configuration for future expansion
Ingram Micro Singapore
|AV Input||USB 2.0|
|Chipset ID||Trigger - T2-285A|
|Industry Standards||USB 2.0 Compliant|
|General Specifications||This USB video adapter uses a Trigger family chipset. If you’re connecting this device to a computer along with additional USB video adapters or docking stations, please avoid using devices with a DisplayLink or Fresco family chipset.|
|Supported Resolutions||Widescreen(16/32 bit):
1920x1200, 1920x1080, 1680x1050, 1600x900, 1440x900, 1360x768, 1280x800, 1280x768, 1280x720
1600x1200, 1400x1050, 1280x1024, 1280x960, 1152x864, 1024x768, 800x600
|Wide Screen Supported||Yes|
|Connector A||1 - USB Type-A (4 pin) USB 2.0 Male Input|
|Connector B||1 - VGA (15 pin, High Density D-Sub) Female Output|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 10 (32/64)
Windows 8 / 8.1 (32/64)
Windows Vista (32/64)
Windows XP (32/64)
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||This USB video adapter uses a Trigger family chipset. If you’re connecting this device to a computer along with additional USB video adapters or docking stations, avoid using devices with different family chipsets, such as DisplayLink® or Fresco Logic®|
|Connect a maximum of five USB video adapters on a single computer. Support for multiple adapters will vary depending upon your system resources|
|This USB video adapter is not intended for graphical intensive applications, such as gaming|
|System and Cable Requirements||System Processor: Quad Core 2.4GHz (i5 recommended)
System Memory: 4GB
|Humidity||0~95% RH Non-condensing|
|Operating Temperature||-10°C to 55°C (14°F to 131°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-25°C to 75°C (32°F to 167°F)|
|Cable Length||19.7 in [500 mm]|
|Product Height||0.7 in [1.8 cm]|
|Product Length||3.5 in [88 mm]|
|Product Width||2.1 in [52.5 mm]|
|Weight of Product||3.3 oz [94 g]|
|Package Height||1.6 in [40 mm]|
|Package Length||8.3 in [21 cm]|
|Package Width||5.7 in [14.5 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||8.7 oz [247 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB to VGA Adapter|
|1 - Driver and Software CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Windows 8 / 8.1 (32/64)
Windows Vista (32/64)
Windows XP (32/64)
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
You may have heard of USB video adapters, and have been wondering what they are, and whether or not they will work in your setup.
USB video adapters are devices that take one USB port and go to one or many video connections, such as VGA, DVI, HDMI or DisplayPort. This is useful if you would like to add an additional display to your computer setup, but are out of video connections on your computer.
USB video adapters allow you to mirror or duplicate your display, so the same windows are shown on all of your displays, or extend your desktop, so that you can have different windows on each display.
So what do you need to know before you purchase a USB video adapter?
- USB video adapters require the computer to have a free USB port.
- Check which video connections your display has, and select the appropriate USB video adapter.
- Ensure that the USB video adapter is compatible with your operating system.
- USB video adapters require your video card to be able to handle an additional display. This is because USB video adapters work with your onboard or dedicated video card to drive additional displays. For this reason you are advised to confirm this with your video card manufacturer.
- Consider what you will be doing on the additional display. If you are looking to perform less graphically intensive activities like using Microsoft Office, email, or basic web surfing, you can use any USB video adapter. If you are looking to perform more graphically intensive activities like high end photo or video editing, you want a USB video adapter with dedicated memory.
There are a few other important things to note:
- When using multiple USB video adapters on the same computer, they need to use the same chipset family. For example, MCT/Trigger, DisplayLink or Fresco. Note: How many adapters you can use depends on the SKU.
- You may not be able to use a USB video adapter with an All-In-One computer. These computers are almost always hardwired to only accept a single display.
- You may not be able to use a USB video adapter with a touchscreen computer or display. A mixture of touchscreen and non-touchscreen devices can conflict with the video card.
- You should not use a USB video adapter to play video games. They are not designed for use with video games, and their performance with them is poor at best.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.