USB-C to VGA Adapter
Connect your MacBook, Chromebook or laptop with USB Type-C to a VGA monitor or projector
Product ID: CDP2VGA
- Hassle-free connection with the reversible USB-C connector
- Maximum portability with a small footprint and lightweight design
- Thunderbolt 3 port compatible
- Crystal clear picture quality with support for high-definition video resolutions up to 1920x1200 or 1080p
This USB-C™ to VGA video adapter lets you output high-definition VGA video from your USB Type-C™ device.
USB Type-C is a universal connectivity standard that combines all of your essential functions into one dynamic port. The connector is featured on ultra-portable devices with USB 3.1 Gen 1. This adapter works with USB-C devices that pass a DisplayPort video signal, such as the MacBook and Chromebook Pixel™. It's also compatible with Thunderbolt™ 3 ports.
This USB Type-C video adapter maximizes portability with a lightweight, small-footprint design, which makes it the perfect accessory to carry with your MacBook or Chromebook, fitting easily into your laptop bag or carrying case. This ultra-portable design makes this adapter perfect for BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) applications at the office.
Hassle-free connection with USB Type-C
This adapter lets you utilize the versatile USB Type-C port on your portable device. USB Type-C is a reversible connector, so no matter how you plug it in, the adapter will always work, saving you the hassle and embarrassment of struggling with your device when you're trying to present.
Crystal clear picture quality
The adapter supports video resolutions up to 1920x1200 or 1080p. You’ll be surprised at the picture quality the adapter provides, even when connected to a legacy VGA monitor, projector or television. The adapter harnesses the video capabilities built into your USB Type-C connection to deliver every detail in stunning high-definition.
The CDP2VGA is backed by a 3-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Note: Your USB-C equipped device must support video to work with this adapter. The adapter will not output digitally encrypted content.
- Keep the adapter with you while traveling, to connect to any VGA monitor or projector you come across
- Connect your BYOD MacBook or Chromebook to a provided VGA display at work
- Walk into any boardroom with your USB-C laptop ready to present
- Connect a VGA display to your USB-C laptop to use as a secondary monitor
Ingram Micro Singapore
|Chipset ID||NXP - PTN5100
NXP - PTN3355
|Audio Specifications||VGA - No Audio Support|
|Maximum Analog Resolutions||1920x1200 or 1080p|
|Wide Screen Supported||Yes|
|Connector A||1 - USB-C (24 pin) DisplayPort Alt Mode Male Input|
|Connector B||1 - VGA (15 pin, High Density D-Sub) Female Output|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Your USB-C port must support DisplayPort over USB-C (DP Alt mode) in order to work with this adapter.|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 45°C (32°F to 113°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 70°C (14°F to 158°F)|
|Cable Length||5.5 in [140 mm]|
|Product Height||0.6 in [1.4 cm]|
|Product Length||7.1 in [18 cm]|
|Product Width||1.5 in [37 mm]|
|Weight of Product||0.8 oz [24 g]|
|Package Height||0.7 in [17 mm]|
|Package Length||8.9 in [22.5 cm]|
|Package Width||4.9 in [12.5 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1 oz [29 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB-C to VGA adapter|
Attach a PC VGA port to a switchbox
Make VGA video and audio connections using a single, high quality cable
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
USB-C is a type of USB connector that is capable of supporting the following:
- Data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps, if you use USB 3.1.
- Bi-directional power delivery up to 100W, if both the USB host connection and the device support it.
- Alternate modes, which deliver different types of data at different speeds. For example, DisplayPort Alternate Mode (DP Alt Mode).
If using Thunderbolt 3 over USB-C, the connection is capable of additional features. For example, Thunderbolt 3 is capable of 40Gbps of total bandwidth. For more information, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/thunderbolt-3-port-capabilities.
Not all USB-C ports or devices are capable of supporting all of the features listed above, or all of the features at the maximum capabilities. If you require a specific USB-C feature, your USB host connection, cables, and device must all support the feature that you require. For more information about whether your components support specific USB-C features, refer to the information provided by the manufacturers.
This USB-C device requires that all of the following components support alternate modes:
- The USB-C host connection (for example, a computer and its port)
- The USB-C cable
- The USB-C device (for example, a hard drive docking station)
If your host device includes a Thunderbolt™ 3 connection, this USB-C device will work with your host device.
For more information about the modes that your setup components support, refer to the information provided by the manufacturers.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.