USB C Multiport Adapter - USB-C Travel Dock to 4K HDMI, 3x USB 3.0 Hub, SD/SDHC, GbE, 60W PD 3.0 Pass-Through - Portable USB-C Mini Docking Station USB Type-C/Thunderbolt 3
Portable Docking Station | Mac & Windows® | 4K | GbE | Thunderbolt™ 3 Compatible
Product ID: DKT30CSDHPD3
- USB-C MULTIPORT ADAPTER: Portable USB C travel docking station with 4K 30Hz HDMI video output; aluminum space gray design complements Macbook Air, MacBook Pro, Dell XPS, HP EliteBook laptops
- 6-IN-1 USB-C HUB: This USB C multiport adapter features 4K HDMI (UHD), 2x USB-A 3.0 (5Gbps) and 1x USB-C (Data or Power Delivery 3.0 Pass Through), SD / SDHC / SDXC card reader slot & Gigabit Ethernet
- 60W PD 3.0 PASS THROUGH: Use a USB-C power adapter to charge laptop (up to 48W) & power the dock (12W); Prevents USB device drop out when the power is added/removed on PD 3.0 laptops like MacBook Pro
This USB-C multiport adapter with HDMI® turns your MacBook Pro, Dell XPS, or other USB-C™ laptop into a workstation, anywhere you go. The USB Type-C multiport adapter provides 4K HDMI video output, a USB Type-C™ port (data/power), two USB 3.0 Type-A ports, a Gigabit Ethernet port and an SD card reader slot, all through one connection to your laptop’s USB-C or Thunderbolt 3™ port. Plus, it offers advanced charging through USB Power Delivery 3.0.
The portable docking station connects your laptop to a 4K HDMI monitor (4096 x 2160p) to create a powerful workstation. It can also connect to an ultrawide monitor.
Connect Your Devices
The USB-C to USB 3.0 hub gives you one USB-C port and two USB-A ports to connect your latest and legacy USB devices.
Built-In SD Card Reader
Access your multimedia content with ease. The multiport adapter provides direct access to your SD, SDHC™ and SDXC™ memory cards or microSD cards (with adapter, sold separately).
Charge Your Laptop and Peripherals
With support for USB PD 3.0 (up to 60W), the USB Type-C multiport adapter lets you power and charge your laptop, and power your peripherals when connected to a USB-C power adapter. PD 3.0 features Fast Role Swap to prevent USB data disruption when you switch power sources (USB-C power adapter to bus power).
Reliable Network Connectivity
The Gigabit Ethernet port ensures reliable wired network access.
The DKT30CSDHPD3 is backed by a StarTech.com 3-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Note: To ensure full adapter functionality, your laptop’s USB-C port must support USB Power Delivery and DP Alt Mode.
- Ideal for meetings and making presentations in the boardroom
- Transfer photos, videos or other files from your SD cards to your USB-C laptop, tablet or other device
- Use an HDMI port-equipped television in a hotel room as an external display
- Power the adapter and your laptop through USB-C, using your laptop’s power adapter
- Ideal for small workspaces in offices, home offices as well as office hoteling
Ingram Micro Singapore
|Chipset ID||VIA/VLI - VL102
VIA/VLI - VL817
Genesys Logic - GL823K
Parade - PS176
Realtek - RTL8153
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab
USB 3.0 - Backward compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1
|Compatible Networks||10/100/1000 Mbps|
|Full Duplex Support||Yes|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||5 Gbps (USB 3.0)
2 Gbps (Ethernet; Full-Duplex)
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||4096 x 2160p @ 24Hz or 3840 x 2160p (HDMI) @ 30Hz
UltraWide - 3440 x 1440p @ 60 Hz or 2560x1080 at 60Hz
Lower resolutions are also supported. For example, if the max is 3840 x 2160p (4K), it also supports 2560 x 1600p and 2560 x 1440p.
|Memory Media Type||Secure Digital Card|
|SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity)|
|SDXC (Secure Digital eXtended Capacity)|
|microSD (Micro Secure Digital) (adapter required)|
|microSDHC (Micro Secure Digital High Capacity) (adapter required)|
|microSDXC (Micro Secure Digital eXtended Capacity) (adapter required)|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.0 (5Gbps) Male|
|1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female|
|1 - RJ-45 Female|
|2 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|1 - SD Slot Female|
|1 - USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.0 (5Gbps) Female|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Mac OS® 10.11 to 10.15
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Not all USB-C ports support the full functionality of the USB Type-C standard. Ensure that your host USB-C port supports USB Power Delivery 2.0 or higher and DP alt mode.|
|The adapter can connect to a host laptop’s USB-C port that doesn’t support USB Power Delivery 2.0. However, in this configuration if a power adapter is connected to the multifunction adapter, it will not pass power through to your host laptop.|
|A 4K-capable display is required to achieve 3840 x 2160p resolution (4K is also known as 4K x 2K)|
|USB 3.0 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1; this connectivity standard offers speeds up to 5Gbps.|
|Your laptop might have specific charging requirements. For example, if your laptop requires exactly 60W of power and an adapter consumes some of the 60W, your laptop might not recognize that it is getting enough power. For more information about Power Delivery, refer to the manufacturer of your hardware.|
|System and Cable Requirements||A host laptop with an available USB-C port (to ensure full adapter functionality, the host USB-C port must support USB Power Delivery 2.0 and DP alt mode)|
|Optional: USB-C power adapter (for example, your laptop’s USB-C based power adapter)|
|Humidity||5~90% RH (Non-condensing)|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 45°C (32°F to 113°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 85°C (14°F to 185°F)|
|Cable Length||6 in [152 mm]|
|Product Height||0.6 in [1.5 cm]|
|Product Length||10.6 in [27 cm]|
|Product Width||1.8 in [45 mm]|
|Weight of Product||3 oz [85 g]|
|Package Height||1.2 in [30 mm]|
|Package Length||6.9 in [17.4 cm]|
|Package Width||5.6 in [14.3 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||5.5 oz [157 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - multiport adapter|
|1 - quick-start guide|
Mac OS® 10.11 to 10.15
Portable Docking Station | Mac & Windows® | GbE | Thunderbolt™ 3 Compatible
Turn your laptop into a compact workstation wherever you work or go, adding video, Gigabit Ethernet, and a USB 3.0 port through USB Type-C (5Gbps)
USB C Multiport Adapter - Portable USB-C Dock to 4K HDMI, 2-pt USB 3.0 Hub, SD/SDHC, GbE, 60W PD Pass-Through - USB-C Travel Mini Docking Station - USB Type-C/Thunderbolt 3
Add more connectivity to your MacBook or other USB-C laptop, with 4K video, Gigabit Ethernet, two USB 3.0 ports and an SD card reader, plus power and charge as you work
Portable Docking Station | For Windows® & Mac | Thunderbolt™ 3 Compatible
USB-C™ Video Adapter | Mac & Windows® | 4K 30Hz | Thunderbolt™ 3 Compatible
Create a mobile workstation using your Ultrabook™ or laptop USB 3.0 port via this portable USB 3.0 mini dock
Compact HDMI to VGA Adapter Converter - Ideal for Chromebooks Ultrabooks & Laptops – 1920x1200/1080p
Connect an HDMI device/computer to a VGA monitor or projector, with this slim adapter ideal for Chromebooks / laptops / ultrabooks
Create Ultra HD connections between your High Speed HDMI®-equipped devices
Connect a DVI device to an HDMI® enabled device using a standard DVI-D cable
Connect DVI capable devices to HDMI®-enabled devices and vice versa
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Yes, you can use this laptop docking station to charge a laptop computer.
For more information on what the requirements are and about how much power this laptop docking station provides, refer to the product manual.
USB-C is a type of USB connector that is capable of supporting the following:
- Data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps, if you use USB 3.1.
- Bi-directional power delivery up to 100W, if both the USB host connection and the device support it.
- Alternate modes, which deliver different types of data at different speeds. For example, DisplayPort Alternate Mode (DP Alt Mode).
If using Thunderbolt 3 over USB-C, the connection is capable of additional features. For example, Thunderbolt 3 is capable of 40Gbps of total bandwidth. For more information, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/thunderbolt-3-port-capabilities.
Not all USB-C ports or devices are capable of supporting all of the features listed above, or all of the features at the maximum capabilities. If you require a specific USB-C feature, your USB host connection, cables, and device must all support the feature that you require. For more information about whether your components support specific USB-C features, refer to the information provided by the manufacturers.
This USB-C device requires that all of the following components support alternate modes:
- The USB-C host connection (for example, a computer and its port)
- The USB-C cable
- The USB-C device (for example, a hard drive docking station)
If your host device includes a Thunderbolt™ 3 connection, this USB-C device will work with your host device.
For more information about the modes that your setup components support, refer to the information provided by the manufacturers.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.