4-Port USB 3.0 Hub - USB-C to 1x USB-C and 3x USB-A
Turn a USB Type-C port on your laptop into three USB Type-A ports (5Gbps) and one USB Type-C port
Product ID: HB30C3A1CFB
- Expand the connectivity of your USB-C enabled computer
- Carry the USB-powered hub with you anywhere, with a portable and lightweight design
- Add both USB-C and USB-A ports to your MacBook, Chromebook, or computer that features a USB Type-C port
The 4-port USB 3.0 hub lets you connect both USB-C™ and USB-A peripherals to your laptop or Chromebook™, through a single USB Type-C™ or Thunderbolt™ 3 port.
The hub is ideal for virtually all USB-C equipped laptops, such as the Dell™ Latitude 11 5000 2-in-1, and the Dell XPS 12.
Get ready for USB-C
This USB 3.1 Gen 1 hub lets you expand your USB connection options using the USB-C port on your computer. It offers one USB-C and three USB-A ports, letting you connect traditional USB devices now, while still being able to connect the growing number of USB Type-C devices in the future.
The integrated, easy-to-use USB Type-C connector is small and reversible, which makes for easier insertions. You can connect the plug with either side facing up, which means less risk of damaging your ports, and less frustration.
Add USB ports to your laptop, anywhere you go
With a compact and lightweight design, the USB-powered hub is tailored for mobility. It easily tucks into your carrying case and expands your connectivity when traveling.
Plus, this versatile USB hub takes up minimal space on a desk, so you can use it in hot-desk or BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) environments.
Save money and time
Avoid the nuisance and cost of purchasing new peripherals by using this USB 3.0 hub with your current USB 3.0 and 2.0 devices. The bus-powered hub installs in seconds with no additional drivers or software required, and it’s compatible with virtually all operating systems.
The HB30C3A1CFB is backed by a 2-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Carry the hub with you while traveling, and connect virtually any USB peripheral wherever you go
- Leverage the USB-C port on your BYOD MacBook or laptop to broaden your data connection possibilities
- Deploy in hot desk environments to provide USB hub access for multiple devices
Ingram Micro Singapore
|Bus Type||USB 3.0|
|Chipset ID||Genesys Logic - GL3523-S|
|Industry Standards||USB 3.0 - Backward compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1|
|USB-C Device Port(s)||Yes|
|USB-C Host Connection||Yes|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||5 Gbps|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|Connector Type(s)||3 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|1 - USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.0 (5Gbps) Female|
|1 - USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.0 (5Gbps) Male|
|OS Compatibility||OS Independent; No additional drivers or software required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||All ports support USB based video adapters including the USB-C port. This hub does not support DP Alt Mode (DisplayPort™ Alt Mode) - non-USB based native video support over the USB Type-C port.|
|The hub does not support DP Alt Mode or USB Power Delivery.|
|System and Cable Requirements||Available USB Type-C port - USB 3.0 (5Gbps)|
|Humidity||0%~90% RH (Non-condensing)|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 60°C (32°F to 140°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)|
|Cable Length||4.5 in [114 mm]|
|Product Height||0.5 in [1.3 cm]|
|Product Length||3 in [75 mm]|
|Product Width||1.6 in [40 mm]|
|Weight of Product||1.1 oz [32 g]|
|Package Height||1.7 in [42 mm]|
|Package Length||6.4 in [16.3 cm]|
|Package Width||5.2 in [13.3 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||3.6 oz [102 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB 3.0 hub|
Add four USB 3.0 ports to your laptop or Ultrabook using this slim, portable hub with an extended-length cable
Add four external USB 3.0 ports to your notebook or Ultrabook™ with a slim, portable hub
USB-C Network Adapter | 10/100/1000Mbps | Thunderbolt™ 3 Compatible | RJ45
Connect your USB Type-C laptop to a USB legacy peripheral device, with this durable adapter
Connect your USB Type-C devices to your laptop or desktop computer
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
It is possible to use some USB hubs without a power supply, however, doing so may prevent certain high-power USB peripherals from operating.
When a power adapter is not used on a hub that comes with a power adapter, power is drawn from the USB port on the computer and then divided between the ports on the hub. This reduces the power delivery to individual ports and high-powered USB peripherals, such as external hard drives, may not start.
On USB hubs that can use a power adapter, more power can be supplied to USB ports than what is possible with a single USB port.
If your USB peripherals require power adapters, they probably do not require power from the USB port and can be used on a USB hub without a power adapter. With USB peripherals that use power adapters, the USB ports on the hub are only used for data transfer and do not draw power from the hub.
USB peripherals that require low power (for example, keyboards and mice) can be used on hubs without a power adapter, in conjunction with other low-power USB peripherals. In this case, power is drawn from the computer's USB port, as described above.
USB-C is a type of USB connector that is capable of supporting the following:
- Data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps, if you use USB 3.1.
- Bi-directional power delivery up to 100W, if both the USB host connection and the device support it.
- Alternate modes, which deliver different types of data at different speeds. For example, DisplayPort Alternate Mode (DP Alt Mode).
If using Thunderbolt 3 over USB-C, the connection is capable of additional features. For example, Thunderbolt 3 is capable of 40Gbps of total bandwidth. For more information, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/thunderbolt-3-port-capabilities.
Not all USB-C ports or devices are capable of supporting all of the features listed above, or all of the features at the maximum capabilities. If you require a specific USB-C feature, your USB host connection, cables, and device must all support the feature that you require. For more information about whether your components support specific USB-C features, refer to the information provided by the manufacturers.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.