4 Port Portable SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Hub with Built-in Cable
Add four USB 3.0 ports to your laptop or Ultrabook using this slim, portable hub with an extended-length cable
Product ID: ST4300PBU3
- Four SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports, with data transfer rates up to 5Gbps
- Travel friendly, with a portable, lightweight design and a built-in cable that offers flexible desk placement options
- Perfect for your laptop, MacBook, Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Surface Pro 3 and Surface Book
This 4-Port Portable USB 3.0 Hub with Built-in Cable turns a single USB 3.0 port into four, letting you connect more of your devices to your computer.
The hub features a built-in, 25 cm (10 in) cable that is longer than what most traditional hubs offer. The extended-length cable gives you the flexibility to place the hub and your devices exactly where you want them, and it ensures the hub can connect to your laptop or tablet regardless of where the laptop’s USB 3.0 port is located.
Expand the connectivity of your laptop when you travel
This portable USB 3.0 hub is great for adding extra ports to your laptop, tablet, Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, and other Microsoft Surface products.
With an integrated cable you have more flexibility to place the hub on your desk as desired. Plus, the hub is USB-powered for easy transport when you travel.
Upright port-configuration saves desk space
This USB hub offers a block-style design with ports placed across the top surface of the hub. With upright port access your connected devices (for example, flash drives and mouse and keyboard wireless receivers) take up less desk space.
Alternatively, you can lay the hub on its side for easy cable connections to devices like external hard drivers or printers.
Designed for easy use
With its compact design, you can easily position the USB 3.0 (also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1) hub on your desk or workspace to make your USB devices more accessible. There’s also ample space between the USB 3.0 ports, so it’s easy to plug and unplug the devices you use the most.
The USB 3.0 hub is natively supported in virtually all operating systems, which makes for an easy setup with no driver installation required. And because it’s backward compatible, you can connect both new and legacy USB devices (for example USB 2.0 peripherals).
The ST4300PBU3 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Flexible hub placement options with an extended-length cable, so you can connect a wide variety of peripherals at home or in the office
- Ideal for Laptop and Ultrabook™ users with limited USB 3.0 ports
- Make hard to access USB ports more accessible, by positioning the hub anywhere the cable will reach
- Separate tightly packed USB ports, to better accommodate larger USB plugs or prevent overcrowding
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Connect up to four USB 3.0/2.0/1.x devices simultaneously at their maximum speeds
- Save desk space by connecting USB keys and dongles upright
Ingram Micro Singapore
|Bus Type||USB 3.0|
|Chipset ID||VIA/VLI - VL812|
|USB-C Device Port(s)||No|
|USB-C Host Connection||No|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||5 Gbps|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|External Ports||1 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 Male|
|4 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS Independent; No additional drivers or software required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Available USB port|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power|
|Operating Temperature||-5°C to 45°C (23°F to 113°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 75°C (14°F to 167°F)|
|Cable Length||10 in [254 mm]|
|Product Height||0.9 in [2.2 cm]|
|Product Length||5.4 in [13.7 cm]|
|Product Width||1.2 in [30 mm]|
|Weight of Product||2.6 oz [74 g]|
|Package Height||1.2 in [30 mm]|
|Package Length||3.9 in [10 cm]|
|Package Width||7.2 in [18.3 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||4.6 oz [131 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB 3.0 Hub|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
It is possible to use some USB hubs without a power supply, however, doing so may prevent certain high-power USB peripherals from operating.
When a power adapter is not used on a hub that comes with a power adapter, power is drawn from the USB port on the computer and then divided between the ports on the hub. This reduces the power delivery to individual ports and high-powered USB peripherals, such as external hard drives, may not start.
On USB hubs that can use a power adapter, more power can be supplied to USB ports than what is possible with a single USB port.
If your USB peripherals require power adapters, they probably do not require power from the USB port and can be used on a USB hub without a power adapter. With USB peripherals that use power adapters, the USB ports on the hub are only used for data transfer and do not draw power from the hub.
USB peripherals that require low power (for example, keyboards and mice) can be used on hubs without a power adapter, in conjunction with other low-power USB peripherals. In this case, power is drawn from the computer's USB port, as described above.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.