M.2 Drive to U.2 (SFF-8639) Host Adapter for M.2 PCIe NVMe SSDs
Add the fast performance of an M.2 NVMe SSD to your desktop computer or server by converting the drive through a U.2 (SFF-8639) compatible interface on your motherboard
Product ID: U2M2E125
This PCI Express M.2 to U.2 adapter makes it easy to install an M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD into your desktop PC or server, and connect to the drive through an available U.2 (SFF-8639) compatible interface on your motherboard.
Upgrade your system cost-effectively
The M.2 to U.2 adapter is ideal for IT professionals, system integrators and installers, and enthusiasts who are building or upgrading a server or desktop computer. It supports one M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (M-Key), providing a cost-effective way to add M.2 NVMe performance to your computer or server through an available U.2 (SFF-8639) compatible interface on your motherboard.
The M.2 to U.2 adapter works with all desktop PCs and servers that have an available drive bay or a U.2 (SFF-8639) compatible host interface. The adapter card is OS independent, so there are no drivers or software required for installation.
The U2M2E125 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Connect an M.2 NVMe SSD to your computer or server through an available U.2 (SFF-8639) slot to boost system speed and increase internal data storage
- Ideal for IT professionals, system integrators and installers, and enthusiasts who are building or upgrading a computer or server solution
- Get ultra-fast data access, ideal for high-performance workstations
Ingram Micro Singapore
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Compatible Drive Types||M.2 (PCIe, AHCI, M-Key, NGFF)|
|Interface||U.2 (SFF-8639; PCIe x4)|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Supported Drive Height(s)||2242|
|Drive Connectors||1 - M.2 (PCIe, M-Key, AHCI/NVMe, NGFF)|
|Host Connectors||1 - U.2 (PCIe, SFF-8639, AHCI/NVMe)|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Humidity||15% - 90% RH|
|Operating Temperature||+5⁰C to +50⁰C (41°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-25⁰C to +70⁰C (-13°F to 158°F)|
|Max Drive Height||89.8 in [2280 mm]|
|Product Height||0.3 in [0.7 cm]|
|Product Length||3.9 in [10 cm]|
|Product Width||2.8 in [70 mm]|
|Weight of Product||1.3 oz [36 g]|
|Package Height||1.2 in [30 mm]|
|Package Length||6.9 in [17.5 cm]|
|Package Width||5.7 in [14.5 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||3.6 oz [102 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - M.2 drive to U.2 adapter|
|4 - adapter-mounting screws|
|1 - set of drive-mounting hardware|
|1 - quick-start guide|
Connect a PCIe M.2 SSD (NVMe or AHCI) to your computer through PCI Express for ultra-fast data access
Convert an M.2 SSD into a 7mm high 2.5in SATA 6Gbps Open Frame SSD
Convert an mSATA SSD into a 7mm high 2.5in SATA 6Gbps Open Frame SSD
Convert an M.2 solid state drive into a standard 2.5in form factor 6Gbps SSD
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.