USB-C to eSATA Cable - For External Storage Devices - USB 3.0 (5Gbps) - 3 ft. (1 m)
Access eSATA storage devices containing HDD, SSD or ODD drives from a USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 laptop
Product ID: USB3C2ESAT3
- Quickly access eSATA external storage devices with an SSD, HDD or ODD drive from a USB-C computer
- Perform drive management tasks
- Set up in a lab, at a desk or out in the field
This USB-C™ to eSATA cable is an external drive adapter that gives you quick and easy access to an eSATA storage device through the USB-C or Thunderbolt™ 3 port on your laptop.
Connect an Optical Disk Drive to Your Laptop
Even if your laptop doesn’t have eSATA ports, the USB 3.0 to eSATA cable makes it easy to connect it to an external storage device. The cable supports connections to standard SATA hard drives (HDD) and solid-state drives (SSD).
The cable also supports connections to optical drives (ODD), enabling you to connect a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive to your laptop.
Efficiently Perform Drive-Management Tasks
The cable supports eSATA commands and functions such as SMART self-monitoring. It’s also compatible with eSATA drive management hardware and software, such as backup utility software.
When connected to a storage device housing HDD or SSD drives, the USB-C to eSATA cable lets IT professionals connect to drives for:
- Data recovery
- Repairing failing drives
- Re-using or re-purposing old drives
- Running drive diagnostics
- Disk imaging
- Backing up and archiving drives to prevent data loss
- Transferring content between the drive and the laptop
The 1-meter cable lets you set up anywhere, enabling you to perform any one of these tasks in a lab, at someone’s desk or out in the field. With plug-and-play installation, it’s easy to connect on any operating system, without any extra software to install.
USB3C2ESAT3 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
|Bus Type||USB 3.0|
|Chipset ID||ASMedia - ASM1153E|
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Hot Swap Capability||Yes|
|Max Drive Capacity||Currently tested with up to 10TB drives|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||5Gbps|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|eSATA (6 Gbps)|
|Drive Connectors||1 - eSATA (7 pin, Data) Male|
|Host Connectors||1 - USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.0 (5Gbps) Male|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 60°C (32°F to 140°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 70°C (14°F to 158°F)|
|Cable Length||3 ft [0.9 m]|
|Product Height||0.5 in [1.2 cm]|
|Product Length||36 in [91.4 cm]|
|Product Width||0.5 in [12 mm]|
|Weight of Product||1.6 oz [45 g]|
|Package Height||0.7 in [17 mm]|
|Package Length||9.8 in [25 cm]|
|Package Width||1.3 in [34 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1.6 oz [45 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - adapter cable|
|1 - quick-start guide|
Connect a 2.5" SATA SSD/HDD to your computer using this USB 3.1 Gen 2 ultra-portable cable
SATA to USB Adapter Cable | SATA III 6Gbps | 2.5" SSD or HDD | USB 3.0 | Portable
Turn a USB Type-C port on your laptop into three USB Type-A ports (5Gbps) and one USB Type-C port
Add one USB Type-C and one USB Type-A port (10Gbps) to your computer, through a PCI Express slot
Add three USB-A ports and one USB-C port, via two host controllers, through a standard PCI Express slot
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.