M.2 SSD Enclosure for M.2 SATA Drives - USB 3.1 (10Gbps) - USB-C
Portable M.2 SATA to USB Adapter | Attached USB-C Cable
Product ID: SM21BMU31CI3
- Turn your SATA M.2 SSD into external storage for your USB-C laptop, tablet or desktop computer
- Ultra-fast USB 3.1 Gen 2 data connection for M.2 SATA drives
- Compact solid aluminum design (4x2x1.5” / 11x5x1.4 cm) with ventilation and attached braided cable
Add high-performance external data storage to your USB-C laptop, tablet or desktop computer, with this SATA M.2 SSD enclosure. It lets you use your SATA M.2 drive as an ultra-fast external storage solution over a USB 3.1 Gen 2 connection. It’s ideal for your MacBook, Dell XPS, Chromebook Pixel or other USB Type-C device.
The compact M.2 SATA to USB adapter is easily portable and gives you high-speed access to your data, wherever you go. The integrated USB-C cable (6"/15.2 cm), means you’re always ready to plug it in, without having to remember to bring along a cable.
Durable Aluminum Design
The sturdy aluminum and plastic enclosure encases your M.2 SATA SSD and features built-in ventilation that improve heat dissipation to help keep your drive at a suitable operating temperature.
Use your M.2 SATA Drive for External Storage
Easily use your M.2 SATA drive as external data storage. This M.2 NGFF SSD enclosure provides a simple connection to your M.2 SATA SSD over USB 3.1 Gen 2. You can transfer files quickly, without bottlenecks, using a SATA M.2 SSD as your external drive.
The enclosure supports common M.2 SATA SSDs and multiple drive lengths, including: 42 mm (2242), 60 mm (2260), and 80 mm (2280). The USB to M.2 SATA enclosure works with USB-C host devices and is also compatible with Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports.
SM21BMU31CI3 is backed by a 2-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Ideal for mobile workers needing high-speed access to external data
- Repurpose an M.2 SATA SSD as a USB 3.1 Gen 2 external drive
- Transfer files faster by using a SATA M.2 SSD as your external drive
|Chipset ID||JMicron - JMS580|
|Drive Size||22mm - M.2 SATA|
|Supported Drive Height(s)||2242|
|General Specifications||Not compatible with M.2 NVMe or AHCI PCI-Express SSDs|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||6 Gbps|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.1 Gen 2 - 10 Gbit/s|
|SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Drive Connectors||1 - M.2 (SATA, B-Key, NGFF) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.1 (10Gbps) Male|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Windows 7 and earlier Windows versions do not support TRIM with USB to SATA devices.|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power & Activity|
|Humidity||20% ~ 80% RH|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 50°C (-4°F to 122°F)|
|Cable Length||5.7 in [145 mm]|
|Product Height||0.6 in [1.4 cm]|
|Product Length||2 in [50 mm]|
|Product Width||4.3 in [11 cm]|
|Weight of Product||3.4 oz [95 g]|
|Package Height||1.2 in [30 mm]|
|Package Length||3.9 in [98 mm]|
|Package Width||6.6 in [16.8 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.2 lb [0.1 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - M.2 SATA Enclosure with Integrated USB-C Cable|
|1 - Screwdriver|
|4 - Assembly Screws|
|1 - Set of Drive-Mounting Hardware|
|1 - Quick-Start Guide|
|Bus Type||USB 3.1 Gen 2|
|Compatible Drive Types||M.2 (SATA, B-Key, NGFF)|
|M.2 SATA (NGFF, B+M-Key)|
|Interface||USB 3.1 Gen 2|
|Number of Drives||1|
Turn your M.2 SATA drive into an ultra-fast, ultra-portable storage solution for USB-C enabled devices
External NVMe Enclosure | Thunderbolt™ 3 Compatible | USB-C Cable Included
Turn your solid state drive into an ultra-portable pocket drive
Convert an M.2 solid state drive into a standard 2.5in form factor 6Gbps SSD
Turn a 2.5” SATA Hard Drive or Solid State Drive into a UASP supported USB 3.0 External Hard Drive
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.