USB 3.1 External Hard Drive Enclosure - 10Gbps - IP65 Rated
Rugged Hard Drive Enclosure | SATA III 6Gbps | 2.5" SSD or HDD | Military Rated
Product ID: S251BRU31C3
- Keep your data protected in harsh environments -- IP65-rated for dustproof and water-resistant protection
- Protect your drive against drops, shock and vibration with a military-rated SSD and HDD enclosure
- Experience fast data transfers with a USB 3.1 external hard drive enclosure that supports 10Gbps
This USB 3.1 external hard drive enclosure keeps your data protected in harsh environments. With data transfer speeds of up to 10Gbps, the enclosure gives you quick access to your data when you’re out in the field.
The 2.5" SATA hard drive enclosure supports both solid-state drives (SSD) and hard drives (HDD). It comes with a USB-C to USB-C cable and a USB-A to USB-C cable to support both USB-C and USB-A laptops and tablets.
Dustproof and Water Resistant
Be prepared for the unexpected. The SSD and HDD enclosure comes with an IP65 rating, which means that it’s both dustproof and water resistant.
It’s the perfect solution for people who work outside. Or, for people who work in environments with a lot of dust, like: construction sites, factories, or manufacturing facilities.
The rugged hard drive enclosure is military rated (MIL-STD-810G) to protect your drive against drops, shock, and vibration.
The exterior casing provides shock resistance, while the flexible silicone sleeve provides extra protection, absorbing the impact of bumps, rough baggage handling or drops. Inside, an extra layer of silicone provides drive stability.
Faster Transfer Speeds with USB 3.1
The enclosure delivers USB 3.1 performance with data transfer speeds of up to 10Gbps. It lets you leverage the high performance of the latest drives and alleviates bottlenecks while transferring data.
S251BRU31C3 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Keep your data protected - ideal for the outdoors or for use in industrial environments
- Edit your photos and videos while you’re away from your desk
- Back up important data to an external storage device
|Bus Type||USB 3.1 Gen 2|
|Chipset ID||ASMedia - ASM235CM|
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA|
|Industry Standards||MIL-STD-810G, Method 503.5 (Thermal Shock)
MIL-STD-810G, Method 514.6 (Vibration)
MIL-STD-810G, Method 516.6 (Shock)
MIL-STD-810G, Method 507.5 (Humidity)
MIL-STD-810G, Method 509.5 (Salt Spray)
MIL-STD-810G, Method 510.5, Procedure I (Sand and Dust)
MIL-STD-810G, Method 508.6 (Fungus)
|Interface||USB 3.1 Gen 2|
|Number of 2.5 inch bays||1|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Supported Drive Height(s)||7mm|
|Hot Swap Capability||No|
|Max Drive Capacity||Tested up to 2TB at 7200 RPM|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||10 Gbps|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.1 Gen 2 - 10 Gbit/s|
|SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Drive Connectors||1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.1 (10Gbps)|
|Other Interface(s)||1 - USB 3.1 USB Type-A (9 pin, Gen 2, 10 Gbps) Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Windows 7 and earlier Windows versions do not support TRIM with USB to SATA devices.|
|LED Indicators||1 - Diagnostic LED (Drive Power and Activity)|
|Humidity||20% ~ 95% RH|
|Operating Temperature||-40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F)|
|Max Drive Height||0.4 in [9.5 mm]|
|Product Height||1.2 in [3 cm]|
|Product Length||5.7 in [14.6 cm]|
|Product Width||4.4 in [11.2 cm]|
|Weight of Product||10.7 oz [304 g]|
|Package Height||2.5 in [63 mm]|
|Package Length||5.3 in [13.5 cm]|
|Package Width||7.1 in [18 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||16.8 oz [475 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - drive enclosure|
|1 - USB-C to USB-C cable|
|1 - USB-C to USB-A cable|
|1 - foam drive pad|
|1 - hex key|
|1 - quick-install guide|
USB-A to USB-C™ Cable | USB-IF Certified | USB 3.1 (10Gbps)
Connect your USB Type-C devices, with reduced clutter
Connect your USB Type-C devices
Connect a USB Type-C device to your laptop or desktop computer with reduced clutter
Add one USB Type-C and one USB Type-A port (10Gbps) to your computer, through a PCI Express slot
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.