USB 3.0 Type-C to 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - 2.5GBASE-T
USB LAN Adapter | IEEE 802.3bz | 2.5 Gbps | Mac | Windows® | Linux
Product ID: US2GC30
- USB Type-C to RJ45 adapter supports 2.5 Gigabit networking over USB 3.0
- IEEE 802.3bz (2.5GBASE-T) compatible
- IEEE 802.3i, 802.3u and 802.3ab (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and 1000BASE-T) compatible
Add 2.5 GbE network access to your laptop, using an available USB-C port. This USB 3.0 Type-C to Gigabit network adapter gives you wired Ethernet network access.
Powerful 2.5 Gigabit Network Connections
Ideal for office or home use, the network adapter supports full 2.5 Gigabit bandwidth by harnessing the performance of USB 3.0. You can quickly access very large files over a 2.5 Gigabit network, saving valuable time every day.
Native Driver Support Makes Installation Easy
Get up and running quickly. Simply plug this USB-C to Ethernet adapter into the USB port on your laptop and connect to your network. The network adapter Realtek RTL8156 chipset provides native driver support for Mac OS and Linux. Any Windows operating systems without the driver will be automatically prompted to download the software directly from the adapter, ensuring a quick installation with no Internet access required.
Compact & Lightweight for Perfect Portability
Compact and portable, this USB Gigabit network adapter is the ideal desktop network adapter or laptop accessory. You don’t have to carry a power adapter with you to use it, because it’s powered directly from the host USB port.
The Choice of IT Pros Since 1985
StarTech.com conducts thorough compatibility and performance testing on all our products to ensure we are meeting or exceeding industry standards and providing high-quality products to IT Professionals. Our local StarTech.com Technical Advisors have broad product expertise and work directly with our StarTech.com Engineers to provide support for our customers both pre and post-sales.
The US2GC30 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
|Chipset ID||Realtek - RTL8156|
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.3i 10BASE-T|
|IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T|
|IEEE 802.1q VLAN Tagging|
|IEEE 802.3u 100Base-TX|
|IEEE 802.3bz 2.5GBase-T|
|Full Duplex Support||Yes|
|Jumbo Frame Support||16K max.|
|MTBF||10, 000 hours|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.1 Gen 1 - 5 Gbit/s|
|Connector A||1 - USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.0 (5Gbps) Plug|
|1 - RJ-45 Receptacle|
|OS Compatibility||Windows 10 Windows 8 Windows 8.1 Windows 7 Windows Server 2016 Windows Server 2012 R2 Windows Server 2008 R2 Linux Kernel 2.4.20 - 4.x (LTS versions only) Mac OS 10.11 - 10.15|
|LED Indicators||1 - Green LED: 1Gbps/100Mbps/10Mbps|
|1 - Blue LED: 2.5Gbps|
|Humidity||5% to 90 % RH (no condensation)|
|Operating Temperature||0 ℃ to 70℃|
|Storage Temperature||‐10 ℃ to ~ 55℃|
|Cable Length||5.9 in [15 cm]|
|Color||Black & Space Gray|
|Product Height||3.1 in [8 cm]|
|Product Length||0.6 in [16 mm]|
|Product Width||1.1 in [27 mm]|
|Weight of Product||1.4 oz [39.7 g]|
|Package Height||1.2 in [30 mm]|
|Package Length||6.7 in [17 cm]|
|Package Width||5.6 in [14.2 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.2 lb [0.1 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB-C Network Adapter|
|1 - Quick-Start Guide|
|Bus Type||USB 3.1 Gen 1|
|Interface||RJ45 (Gigabit Ethernet)|
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.