1U Fixed 19 Adjustable Depth Universal Server Rack Rails
Mount 19" Servers or Networking Hardware in any Standard Rack
Product ID: UNIRAILS1U
- Easily rack-mount your non-rackmount gear
- Mount equipment without sacrificing an additional 1U of rack space, unlike traditional rack shelves
- Keep your devices running cool with an open frame design that doesn’t impede airflow
These 1U server-rack rails let you mount non-rackmount equipment such as desktop servers, networking equipment or KVM switches, into your 19” server rack without sacrificing 1U of rack space, like you would with a traditional shelf. The rack rails are also a great solution for mounting equipment with damaged rails or discontinued OEM equipment such as Dell™, IBM®, HP® or Apple servers that no longer have rack rails available.
This TAA compliant product adheres to the requirements of the US Federal Trade Agreements Act (TAA), allowing government GSA Schedule purchases.
Turn non-rackmount equipment into 1U rackmount hardware
These rack rails add rackmount functionality to your non-rackmount gear, by cradling your equipment in an open frame supported by three sturdy crossbars. You can mount your non-rackmount equipment by mounting the rails to your server rack and placing your equipment on the undercarriage. For equipment that already features mounting holes, the rails also feature multiple mounting patterns to secure your equipment, for an added level of security.
Universal design mounts to almost any 19" server rack
Adhering to the EIA-310 standard for 19” rackmount equipment, these mounting rails are universally compatible with 19” server racks. The depth is adjustable for a variety of rack sizes and configurations. Plus, there is a rear cable management panel that’s removable for additional customization.
To ensure your equipment is secure, these mounting rails feature cold-rolled steel construction. The durable design can support a weight load of up to 55 lb (25 kg).
The UNIRAILS1U is backed by a lifetime StarTech.com warranty with free technical support.
- Mount rackmount equipment that’s missing its original rails
- Use to rackmount OEM equipment such as Dell, IBM, HP or Apple servers that no longer have rack rails available for purchase
- Securely mount non-rackmount equipment into any 19" EIA-310 server rack
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Universal design mounts to almost any 19" server, or other equipment for maximum mounting versatility
- Three-piece rail construction allows for a wide range, adjustable depth configuration to accommodate almost any size of rack
- Cross bars allow for mounting of equipment that can't span the 19" rack expanse
|Weight Capacity (Stationary)||55.3 lb [25 kg]|
|Maximum Mounting Depth||41.5 in [1054 mm]|
|Minimum Mounting Depth||16.5 in [420 mm]|
|Weight of Product||5.8 lb [2.6 kg]|
|Package Height||3 in [75 mm]|
|Package Length||19.3 in [49 cm]|
|Package Width||4.2 in [10.7 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||6.3 lb [2.9 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Set Universal Rack Rails|
|8 - M5 Panel Screws|
|8 - M5 Cage Nuts|
|1 - M5 Wrench|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
There’s a wide variety of accessories for server racks and today the various options will be explored. Here are the accessories that will be discussed.
- Rack rails and DIN rails
- Casters and leveling feet
- Cable management
- Rack blank panels
- Power Distribution Units (PDUs)
Server rack shelves come in a variety of sizes and styles. We will be covering six different types of server rack shelves.
Server rack shelves have both a U size and depth. The U size describes the height of the shelf in rack units, and one U is equal to 1.74 inches. Shelves might also list a maximum suggested weight and some shelves are available in a vented design for greater airflow.
Fixed shelves have a fixed depth. If you use a server rack with fixed shelves, make sure your rack equipment fits within the mounting depth of the shelf you are purchasing.
Unlike fixed shelves, you can adjust the depth of adjustable shelves. The minimum and maximum mounting depths for adjustable shelves are listed on the product page, under the Technical Specifications tab.
Sliding shelves can be slid in or out of a server rack. These shelves have a lock feature that locks the shelf and prevents it from accidentally falling out or sliding back into the server rack. The minimum and maximum mounting depths for sliding shelves are listed on the product page, under the Technical Specifications tab.
Similar to sliding shelves, drawer shelves feature a sliding storage drawer that is perfect for storing tools, small hardware or other accessories.
Cantilever shelves do not attach to the server rack on all 4 corners; instead, they only attach on one side of the server rack. These shelves generally have lower weight thresholds.
Heavy duty shelves are designed to hold more weight. They are a more durable solution for storing large pieces of equipment that can’t be mounted in a server rack.
Startech.com offers both rack rails and DIN rail kits.
Rack Rails are available in several different U sizes and are often adjustable, allowing you to customize the depth of your server equipment.
DIN Rails are an industry standard for server rack equipment, and StarTech.com offers a DIN Rail kit which fits all standard 19” racks. This kit features adjustable depth and the entire kit occupies 2 U’s of rack space. As with other server rack accessories, check on the product page under the Technical Specifications tab to make sure your equipment will fit within the product’s measurements.
Casters and levelling feet are two of the commonly used methods of mounting a rack on the floor. To determine whether your rack includes casters or levelling feet, on the product page, check the Technical Specifications tab, under the heading What’s in the Box.
Cable management accessories include cable management hooks, panels, and conduits or ducts. More information will be shared on them below.
Cable management hooks are designed to hold cabling to avoid cable knotting or crimping. They are also sometimes referred to as D-Ring hooks and can be found in a variety of sizes.
Cable management ducts or conduits are used to route cables through a covered cable duct. These ducts feature a removable top cover so that you can easily add or remove cables.
A cable management panel consists of several cable management hooks and/or ducts, combining these products for an all-in-one cabling solution.
Rack blanking panels are sometimes called filler panels as they are designed to fill the openings in server racks that are not in use. This provides security as well as physical protection for the equipment in the server rack. Rack blanking panels can be vented or solid and come with or without hinges.
Power distribution units or PDU’s add additional power outlets to your server rack. They are available in U based sizes, such as 1U and some of the more advanced units include power switching, which you can use to power on and off the connected devices over an IP network.
Confirm the number of outlets and the U size you need in your server rack PDU before you make a purchase.
There are a few ways you can find information about server rack accessories on www.StarTech.com.
- To view the different families of server rack accessories, go to the StarTech.com website. Under Server Management, click Server Rack Accessories. This opens a page with each family of server rack accessories.
- On individual product pages, you can view an image gallery which includes detailed pictures of the product.
- The Technical Specifications tab includes the product's dimensions, and what comes with the product.
- The Accessories tab lists other products that are confirmed to work with the product you are viewing.
If you have questions about any StarTech.com server rack accessories, contact our technical support team for further assistance.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.