HDMI to SDI Converter – HDMI to 3G SDI Adapter with Dual SDI Output
Connect an SDI Display to your HDMI Video Source
Product ID: HD2SDI
- Dual 3G SDI output ports
- Extends HDMI signals up to 755ft (230m) over 3G SDI
- Supports video resolutions up to 1920x1200 / 1080p
The HD2SDI HDMI to dual SDI converter enables you to turn your HDMI audio/video signal into two 3G SDI video outputs. The 3G SDI video outputs can then be individually extended up to 755ft (230m) over standard coaxial cable for large scale HD-SDI video distribution.
With dual SDI outputs, you can connect your HDMI video source to a local SDI display and output an additional SDI signal into your broadcasting equipment, providing a scalable solution for any SDI broadcasting application that requires an HDMI input.
To ensure you maintain perfect high-definition video quality, the HD-SDI converter supports resolutions up to 1080p, which lets you convert HDMI to SDI without sacrificing video quality.
For hassle-free installation, the HDMI to SDI converter offers a plug-and-play solution that includes pre-installed mounting brackets and requires no software or driver installation.
The HD2SDI is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Convert HDMI to a 3G SDI video signal that can be extended over standard coaxial cable
- Connect your SDI display to an HDMI audio/video source
- Connect your HDMI video source to a local SDI display, and output an additional SDI signal into your broadcasting equipment
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Increase scalability, with dual 3G SDI video output
- Deliver uncompromised video quality (up to 1080p) to your SDI display, with a seamless conversion from your HDMI source
- Hassle-free installation, with pre-installed mounting brackets and no software or drivers required
|Active or Passive Adapter||Active|
|AV Output||SDI (BNC)|
|Chipset ID||Gennum - GV7600|
|Audio Specifications||8 Channel Digital Audio @ 48 kHz|
|Max Distance||230 m / 755 ft|
|Maximum Cable Length||754.4 ft [230 m]|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||2.97 Gbps|
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||1080p|
|Supported Resolutions||1920x1080 (1080p) @ 24, 25, 30, 50 & 60 FPS
1920x1080 (1080i) @ 50 & 60 FPS
1280x720 (720p) @ 24, 25, 30, 50 & 60 FPS
|Supports 525i & 625i SD D1 format
Supports 8-bit or 10-bit component digital video
RGB or YCbCr 4:4:4 sampled
YCbCr 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 sampled
|Wide Screen Supported||Yes|
|Connector A||1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female Input|
|Connector B||2 - SDI (BNC) Receptacle Output|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||The converter is intended for distribution of original content. Digitally encrypted HDMI sources will not be converted.|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Current||0.5 A|
|Input Voltage||100 - 240 AC|
|Output Current||2 A|
|Output Voltage||5 DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||10|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Humidity||5% to 90 % RH (no condensation)|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 158°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 60°C (14°F to 176°F)|
|Product Height||1 in [2.5 cm]|
|Product Length||3.9 in [10 cm]|
|Product Width||2.8 in [70 mm]|
|Weight of Product||7.1 oz [202 g]|
|Package Height||2.2 in [55 mm]|
|Package Length||8.5 in [21.7 cm]|
|Package Width||5.9 in [15.1 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1.4 lb [0.6 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - HDMI to SDI Adapter|
|1 - Mounting bracket assembly (attached)|
|1 - Universal Power Adapter (NA/UK/EU)|
|1 - Instruction manual|
Frequently Asked Questions
When you troubleshoot issues with a video adapter, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
Video source (such as a DVD player or computer)
Video destination (such as a monitor or projector)
To test your setup components, try the following:
Use the cable, video adapter, video source, and video destination in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
Use a different cable, video adapter, video source, and video destination in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test your cables, it is recommended that you do the following:
Test each cable individually.
Use short cables when you are testing.
When you test the video source and video destination, it is recommended that you do the following:
Remove the video adapter from your setup and test to make sure that the video source and video destination work together without the video adapter.
Test to make sure that the video source and video destination work together at the resolution that you want to use.
Note: In order for your setup to work properly, the video source, adapter, and destination all need to support the resolution that you are using.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.