HDMI Over CAT6 Extender - Power Over Cable - Up to 100 m (328 ft.)
Extend HDMI over CAT5/CAT6 cabling to a remote location, with support for 4K 60Hz at 70 m (230 ft.) and 1080p 60Hz at 100 m (328 ft.)
Product ID: ST121HDBT20L
- Get astonishing video quality at impressive distances with UHD 4K 60Hz resolution at up to 70 m (230 ft.) and 1080p 60Hz resolutions at up to 100 m (328 ft.)
- Hassle-free setup with video and power over a single CAT5e or CAT6 cable
- Sleek professional installation with optional mounting hardware included
- Remotely control your video source from the location of your remote display, with support for IR extension
This HDMI Over CAT6 extender transmits your HDMI audio/video signal to a remote location up to 100 m (328 ft.) away.
Get 4K at 60Hz from 70 m (230 ft.) away
This HDMI over CAT6 extender maintains your Ultra HD 4K picture quality, even at 70 m (230 ft.) away from your video source. If you're not running 4K video, this extender supports High-Definition 1080p 60Hz and lower resolutions at even greater distances, up to 100 m (328 ft.) from your HDMI source.
With full support for your HDMI 2.0 equipment, including 4K resolution at 60Hz, this extender can transmit at a bandwidth of up to 18Gbps, making it the ideal solution for high-resolution tasks requiring the highest color detail. For smoother video and color transitions, the extender offers 4:4:4 chroma subsampling via visually lossless compression, meaning every pixel gets its own unique color.
Simplify your setup
The HDMI Extender Over CAT6 offers a hassle-free solution for your digital signage project. The extender only requires a single CAT5e or CAT6 cable, so you extend an HDMI signal using existing infrastructure that’s already in your building. Plus, this HDMI extender supports Power Over Cable (POC), which means you’ll only need one power adapter connected to either your transmitter or receiver. Mounting hardware is also included for discreet, professional installation.
The ST121HDBT20L is TAA compliant and backed by a 2-year StarTech.com warranty with free lifetime technical support.
- Distribute HDMI in large buildings such as commercial shopping centers, stadiums, schools, and hospitals
- Extend your HDMI audio/video signals to locations where power outlets are limited, such as industrial sites
- Integrators and system designers can use existing CAT5 or CAT6 infrastructure to create digital signage solutions
Ingram Micro France
Tech Data - France
|Cabling||Cat 5e UTP or better|
|Audio Specifications||7.1 Surround Sound|
|Max Distance||100 m / 330 ft|
|Maximum Cable Length||100.1 m [328.4 ft]|
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||Up to 70 m: 4096 x 2160 (4K) @ 60 Hz
Up to 100 m: 1080p @ 60Hz
|Supported Resolutions||3840x2160 (4K) @ 60 Hz
1920x1200 @ 60 Hz
|Wide Screen Supported||Yes|
|Local Unit Connectors||1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female Input|
|1 - RJ-45 Female Output|
|Remote Unit Connectors||1 - RJ-45 Female Input|
|1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female Output|
|LED Indicators||1 - status LED (local)|
|1 - status LED (remote)|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Voltage||100 - 240 AC|
|Output Current||1 A|
|Output Voltage||18 DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||18|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Humidity||0% - 80 % RH (non-condensing)|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 60°C (14°F to 140°F)|
|Product Height||2.6 cm [1 in]|
|Product Length||10.2 cm [4 in]|
|Product Width||76 mm [3 in]|
|Weight of Product||110 g [3.9 oz]|
|Package Height||62 mm [2.4 in]|
|Package Length||28 cm [11 in]|
|Package Width||20.6 cm [8.1 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.2 kg [0.5 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - HDMI over CAT6 transmitter|
|1 - HDMI over CAT6 receiver|
|1 - universal power adapter (NA/JP, EU, UK, ANZ)|
|1 - IR blaster|
|1 - IR receiver|
|2 - mounting brackets|
|8 - rubber feet|
|1 - quick-start guide|
Extend HDMI over CAT5/CAT6 cabling to a remote location, with support for 4K 60Hz at 30 m (115 ft.) and 1080p 60Hz at 100 m (328 ft.)
Extend HDMI® up to 165ft (50m) over Cat5e/6 cabling with Power over Cable to Receiver
Extend an HDMI® video and audio over standard CAT5 cabling, with support for RS232 Serial and Infrared control
Extend HDMI® up to 230ft (70m) over a single CAT5e/6 cable with Power over Cable to Receiver
Split an HDMI audio/video source on four separate HDMI displays simultaneously, with support for resolutions up to 4K
Share and switch four distinct HDMI® audio/video signals between four displays
Frequently Asked Questions
- The power adapter may not be connected at the correct unit or may not be connected at all. Please check your product manual to see where your power adapter has to be positioned.
- An adapter to another video signal may be connected to the Transmitter or Receiver unit. Please avoid any converters for the initial setup.
- The Cat 5 or 6 cable coming from the transmitter or receiver unit may be connected to a network switch. Some of our video extenders will work in this configuration, but others will not. Please check your product manual to see if your model can be used connected to an IP network. For the initial setup, avoid connecting the Cat 5 or 6 cables to any network switch, hub, or router.
- The category of Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) cables may not meet StarTech.com’s requirements. Ensure at least Cat 5, 5e, or six cables are used, and they have eight wires. Some Cat 5 cables only have four wires. If using Cat 6 cables, be aware they have more twists per foot, so you may have to use shorter cable lengths if using Cat 6 cabling between your video extenders.
- Bundling up the UTP cabling connected to the extenders can cause crosstalk, which will prevent the video signal from showing on the display. Unwrapping the cable should resolve this issue.
- Please check to see if your model has an adjustable Gain dial on the remote unit.
- If it does, use it to adjust the color until it is acceptable.
- Replace the VGA cable with a higher quality cable like StarTech.com’s MXT101MMHQ.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.