2m Shielded External eSATA Cable M/M
Connect an external SATA hard drive to your laptop or desktop computer
Product ID: ESATA2M
The ESATA2M 2m Shielded eSATA cable provides a high quality connection between your desktop or laptop computer and an external SATA storage device, and is compliant with SATA III specifications, supporting data transfer rates of up to 6 Gbps.
Designed for optimum performance and reliability, this 2m eSATA cable is backed by our lifetime warranty.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Shielded to protect against EMI/RFI interference for external SATA connections
- Guaranteed reliability
Ingram Micro France
Tech Data - France
|Cable Jacket Type||PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride|
|Cable Shield Type||Aluminum-Mylar Foil with Braid|
|Connector A||1 - eSATA (7 pin, Data) Receptacle|
|Connector B||1 - eSATA (7 pin, Data) Receptacle|
|Cable Length||2 m [6.6 ft]|
|Product Length||2 m [6.6 ft]|
|Weight of Product||132 g [4.7 oz]|
|Wire Gauge||26 AWG|
|Package Height||10 mm [0.4 in]|
|Package Length||22.3 cm [8.8 in]|
|Package Width||12.2 cm [4.8 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||135 g [4.8 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 2m Shielded External eSATA Cable M/M|
Frequently Asked Questions
When you troubleshoot issues with a SATA cable, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
Hard disk drive
Hard drive controller (for example, motherboard)
To test your setup components, try the following:
Use the hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
Use a different hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test the hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable, it is recommended that you do the following:
Make sure that the hard drive is spinning without the SATA cable attached. The power cable should make the drive spin if it is a mechanical drive and not a solid state drive.
If your operating system is not detecting the hard disk drive, make sure that the drive is formatted with a partition (for example, NTFS or FAT32). If you are using a computer running a version of Windows, a drive letter must also be assigned to the hard disk drive.
For more information about how to initialize a drive, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=hard-drives#initialize-hard-drives.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.