USB-C Multiport Adapter with HDMI and VGA - 3x USB 3.0 - SD - PD 3.0 - Wraparound Cable
Add video output, three USB 3.0 ports, SD/micro SD card readers, and GbE port to your laptop through a single USB-C port
Product ID: DKT30CHVSCPD
- Expand the connectivity of your MacBook Pro or Windows USB-C laptop, by connecting to a 4K HDMI or VGA display
- Power the adapter and your laptop at the same time, using your laptop’s USB-C based power adapter (supports USB Power Delivery 3.0)
- Utilize both the SD and microSD card readers at the same time
Turn your USB-C™ equipped laptop into a mobile workstation. This sleek, compact USB-C multiport adapter makes it easy to connect your MacBook Pro or Windows laptop to an HDMI or VGA monitor. Power through your workday, with three USB 3.0 (Type-A) ports with Fast-Charge support, SD™ and microSD™ card slots, and a Gigabit Ethernet port.
Connect to an external monitor
The universal USB Type-C™ multiport adapter (Thunderbolt 3 port compatible) offers enhanced productivity in the boardroom or classroom. Connect your laptop to one external monitor:
- 4K HDMI (3840 x 2160p @ 30Hz) or VGA (1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz)
Charge your laptop and peripherals
With support for USB Power Delivery 3.0 (up to 85W), the USB-C multiport adapter lets you power and charge your laptop, and power your peripherals at the same time. PD 3.0 features Fast Role Swap to prevent USB data disruption when switching power sources (bus power and USB-C power adapter).
Connect USB devices
Connect your USB devices using the three USB 3.0 (Type-A) ports. Each USB port is a fast-charge and sync port, to ensure your tablet and smartphone are charged and ready. Each port offers 7.5W of charging power, with a combined total of 10W with all three ports in use.
SD/microSD card access
Access the SD and microSD slots at the same time, and easily move data from one card to the other.
For mobile use, the USB-C adapter is bus-powered and lightweight, with a wraparound USB-C cable.
DKT30CHVSCPD is backed by a StarTech.com 3-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Create a mobile workstation, connected to an HDMI or VGA monitor
- Give presentations by connecting to an HDMI monitor in the boardroom or classroom
- Connect to Gigabit internet where Wi-Fi® isn't available
- Ideal for working with SD and microSD flash media used in cameras and smartphones
- Compact size with essential ports for smaller or temporary workspaces
Ingram Micro France
Tech Data - France
|Chipset ID||VIA/VLI - VL102
VIA/VLI - VL817
Parade - PS8338B
Parade - PS176
Analogix - ANX9833
ALCOR MICRO - AU84612
Realtek - RTL8153
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab
USB 3.0 - Backward compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1
|Audio Specifications||The HDMI port supports audio output|
|Compatible Networks||10/100/1000 Mbps|
|Full Duplex Support||Yes|
|General Specifications||With support for USB Power Delivery 3.0, the multiport adapter will power and charge your laptop, and power your peripherals at the same time, providing up to 85W of charging power, when using a 100W power adapter. Charging power will be less when using a lower-wattage power adapter.
|Supports Fast Role Swap of PD 3.0, to ensure the connected devices will not be disconnected when your power adapter is disconnected from the multiport adapter.|
|Each USB 3.0 port provides up to 7.5W of charging power, with a combined total of 10W when all 3 ports are in use. The charge provided depends on the number of devices connected and the amount of current each device draws.|
|Each one of the three USB 3.0 (Type A) ports is also a fast-charge and sync port to charge your tablet or smartphone. Only one fast-charge port can be used at a time.|
|Maximum Analog Resolutions||1920 x 1200p @ 60Hz (VGA)|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||5 Gbps (USB 3.0)
2 Gbps (Ethernet; Full-Duplex)
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||3840 x 2160p (HDMI) @ 30Hz
Lower resolutions are also supported. For example, if the max is 3840 x 2160p (4K), it also supports 2560 x 1600p and 2560 x 1440p
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female|
|1 - VGA (15 pin, High Density D-Sub) Female|
|3 - USB 3.0 A (Fast-Charge, 9 pin) Female|
|1 - RJ-45 Female|
|1 - SD / MMC Slot Female|
|1 - MicroSD Female|
|1 - USB-C (24 pin) USB Power Delivery only Female|
|1 - USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.0 (5Gbps) Male|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Mac OS® 10.11 to 10.15
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Not all USB-C ports support the full functionality of the USB Type-C standard. Ensure that your host USB-C port supports USB Power Delivery 3.0 and DP Alt Mode.|
|The adapter can connect to a host laptop’s USB-C port that doesn’t support USB Power Delivery 3.0. However, if your laptop’s USB-C port supports USB Power Delivery 2.0, it will still support PD pass-through, but it will not support Fast Role Swap. If you laptop's USB-C port does not support Power Delivery, then it will not support PD pass-through.|
|A 4K-capable display is required to achieve 3840 x 2160p resolution (4K is also known as 4K x 2K)|
|USB 3.0 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1; this connectivity standard offers speeds up to 5Gbps.|
|Your laptop might have specific charging requirements. The USB-C adapter supports USB Power Delivery 3.0 to provide up to 85W of charging power, when using a 100W power adapter. Charging power will be less when using a lower-wattage power adapter.|
|System and Cable Requirements||A host laptop with an available USB-C port (to ensure full adapter functionality, the host USB-C port must support USB Power Delivery 3.0 and DP Alt Mode)|
|USB-C power adapter (for example, your laptop’s USB-C based power adapter)|
|Humidity||10~90% RH (Non-condensing)|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 45°C (32°F to 113°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 70°C (14°F to 158°F)|
|Cable Length||118 mm [4.6 in]|
|Product Height||1.4 cm [0.6 in]|
|Product Length||12.2 cm [4.8 in]|
|Product Width||70 mm [2.8 in]|
|Weight of Product||89 g [3.1 oz]|
|Package Height||30 mm [1.2 in]|
|Package Length||17 cm [6.7 in]|
|Package Width||14.2 cm [5.6 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||166 g [5.9 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - multiport adapter|
|1 - User manual|
Mac OS® 10.11 to 10.15
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Yes, you can use this laptop docking station to charge a laptop computer.
For more information on what the requirements are and about how much power this laptop docking station provides, refer to the product manual.
This USB-C device requires that all of the following components support alternate modes:
- The USB-C host connection (for example, a computer and its port)
- The USB-C cable
- The USB-C device (for example, a hard drive docking station)
If your host device includes a Thunderbolt™ 3 connection, this USB-C device will work with your host device.
For more information about the modes that your setup components support, refer to the information provided by the manufacturers.
To use all of the features of this USB-C device, it is required that all of the following components support USB Power Delivery 2.0 and DisplayPort Alternate Mode:
- The USB-C host connection.
- The USB-C cable.
- The USB-C device (for example, a hard drive docking station).
To check how much power this device requires, visit the product page, and look on the Technical Specifications tab.
For more information about the power delivery capabilities of your other components, refer to the information provided by the manufacturers.
Prior to installing this device, ensure that your operating system is up to date (for example, you have installed the most recent service pack).
To install the driver:
- Download the latest drivers from the StarTech.com website (http://www.startech.com/Support). You can find the part number and product ID on the product’s packaging.
Note: Windows will typically save the files to the Downloads folder that is associated with your user account (for example, C:\Users\your_name\Downloads).
- Once the download is complete, right-click the zip folder that you downloaded, select Extract All, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select the appropriate folder for your operating system.
- Right-click Setup.exe.
- Click Run as Administrator.
Note: If the Run as Administrator option is not available, you might be attempting to run the installer from within the zipped file. Extract the files using the instructions in Step 2.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the device drivers and restart the computer when prompted.
- Your computer will automatically complete the driver installation and your device should be ready to use.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.