10/100 Mbps Multi Mode Fiber Media Converter ST 2 km
Convert and extend a 10/100 Mbps Ethernet connection up to 1.2 miles/2km over Multi Mode ST fiber
Product ID: ET90110ST2
- Supports standalone operation, or installation into the ETCHS2U Rackmount Chassis
- Cost-effective way to extend/bridge networks using fiber cabling
- Advanced features include Link-loss forwarding, remote monitor status, two frame lengths
The ET90110ST2 10/100 Mbps Multimode Fiber Media Converter (ST, 2 km) lets you extend a Fast Ethernet network (10/100 Mbps) over multimode fiber, at distances of up to 2 km (1.2 miles).
A cost-effective solution for connecting a 10/100 Mbps Ethernet (10/100Base-T) network to remote network segments over a 100Base-FX fiber backbone. Designed to offer a durable and convenient Ethernet to fiber solution, the Ethernet to ST Fiber converter features an all-steel chassis, and a simple plug-and-play installation with minimal configuration required.
For added versatility, this fiber media converter supports standalone operation, or installation into the 20 Slot, 2U Rackmount Chassis (ETCHS2U).
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Provides connectivity to a user or network segment that is in an isolated area of a large complex or in another building altogether
- Perfect for secure connections required by government agencies where EMI is not acceptable
- Connect traffic control/monitoring systems at extreme distances to the main office
- Extend network connectivity to remote areas of stadiums, auditoriums or other venues
- Converts 100Base-FX fiber optic signals to 10/100Base-T Ethernet over multi mode fiber cable
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Link loss forwarding, remote status monitoring help ensure maximum up-time
- Provides Ethernet to Fiber conversion as a standalone device, or can be installed into the ETCHS2U 20 slot chassis for added versatility
- Rugged steel casing for durability in harsh environments
Ingram Micro France
Tech Data - France
|Fiber Operating Mode||Half/Full-Duplex|
|Max Transfer Distance||2 km (1.2 mi)|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||200 Mbps (Full Duplex Mode)|
|Local Unit Connectors||1 - RJ-45 Female|
|Remote Unit Connectors||1 - Fiber Optic ST Duplex Female|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Current||0.48 A|
|Input Voltage||100 - 240 AC|
|Output Current||1.6 A|
|Output Voltage||12V DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||19.2|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 60°C (32°F to 140°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 70°C (14°F to 158°F)|
|Product Height||2.4 cm [0.9 in]|
|Product Length||15.4 cm [6.1 in]|
|Product Width||87 mm [3.4 in]|
|Weight of Product||387 g [13.7 oz]|
|Package Height||90 mm [3.5 in]|
|Package Length||13.7 cm [5.4 in]|
|Package Width||20.7 cm [8.1 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||757 g [26.7 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Fiber Media Converter|
|1 - Universal Power Adapter (NA/EU/UK/AU)|
|1 - Grounding Screw|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Replace your lost or failed power adapter
Replace your lost or failed power adapter
Add an un-managed, 20-slot media converter chassis to your rack or cabinet
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Note: Terms like 1000BASE-LX, 100BASE, 1000BASE, and 10GBASE refer to how fast the data can transfer, with 100BASE being 100Mb/s, 1000BASE being 1000Mb/s or 1GB/s, and 10GBASE being 10Gb/s. FX, SX, LX, and SR refer to different fiber standards and use different wavelengths (among other things).
Fiber media converters come in different types for different applications. You need to consider the specifications for both network devices before you can select the correct fiber media converters.
A fiber media converter can be used to simply convert fiber to copper (for example, 100BASE-FX to 100BASE-TX), convert copper to fiber, or it can be used to extend a copper network over fiber optic cabling. If you use an application that uses fiber media converters, the copper and fiber industry standards must match.
The following is an example of a working fiber to copper setup:
- A network switch that has an LC fiber output using 1000BASE-LX is connected to an LC fiber cable that patches into the ET1000S40LC2, which is compatible with 1000BASE-LX/SX. The connected copper device is 1000BASE-T.
If the copper device in the above setup is 10/100 (100BASE-T), no copper link would be detected.
Note: Some media converters do not auto-negotiate copper or fiber standards, which limits the device to 10/100 or gigabit operation. For more information, check the specifications of the media converter.
When you use the fiber media converter in a network extender setup, it works best if you use the same media converter on either end. As long as the fiber standards match, you can use different connectors and the fiber network will be created between the units.
The following are some examples of available fiber connector types:
- Open SFP
The Open SFP units (referred to as Open on the Fiber Media Converter Drilldown) can use any mini-GBIC or SFP compatible fiber transceiver. The ET LC fiber media converters include LC SFPs, which makes the unit an open SFP, if required.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.