Serial DB9 RS232 Extender over Cat 5 - Up to 3300 ft (1000 meters)
Extend an RS232 serial connection up to 1000 meters (3300 feet) using Cat 5 cabling
Product ID: RS232EXTC1EU
The RS232EXTC1EU Serial over Cat 5 Extender allows you to increase the distance of your RS232 Serial connection by up to 1000 meters (3300 feet), giving you the ability to connect serial peripheral devices up to a kilometer away from your system - an incredible 65x greater than normal RS232 serial cable length restrictions would permit.
The Serial Extender is a cost-effective serial extension solution and entirely hardware-based, eliminating the need to install additional software, allowing for a completely plug and play installation. The hardware can be setup in minutes, using existing or new Cat 5 or better Ethernet cabling.
Perfect for use in industrial monitoring and control, POS, security, medical, and traffic flow applications, the RS232 Serial over Cat 5 extender maintains the RS232 standard with support for data transfer rates of up to 230 Kbps.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Industrial applications include controlling CNC machinery, polling bar code scanner data, administering process control equipment, weigh stations, and other manufacturing applications
- Monitor and control medical equipment, security keypads/card scanners, point of sale equipment and remote sensor data, and various other healthcare related serial communications
- Extend connectivity to Point of Sale card swipe devices, bar code scanners, scales, receipt printers or cash register displays
- Remotely poll data from access keypads, card scanners, camera installations or home security systems
- Remote sensor monitoring for traffic flow management (air traffic control, expressway flow)
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Provides you with flexibility when choosing the location of your serial peripherals by dramatically increasing the maximum RS232 serial cable length
- Pure hardware design, no software or drivers required ensuring a simple plug and play installation
- Enables use of separate control rooms away from harsh environmental conditions where serial devices may be located
Ingram Micro France
Tech Data - France
|Cabling||Cat 5 UTP|
|Max Distance||1 km (0.6 mi)|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||115.2 Kbps|
|Local Unit Connectors||1 - DB-9 (9 pin, D-Sub) Female|
|1 - RJ-45 Female|
|Remote Unit Connectors||1 - DB-9 (9 pin, D-Sub) Male|
|1 - RJ-45 Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Cat5 RJ45 cabling required|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Voltage||100 - 240 AC|
|Output Voltage||9V DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||9|
|Power Source||2 AC Adapters Included|
|Humidity||0% to 95%|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)|
|Storage Temperature||0°C to 85°C (32°F to 185°F)|
|Product Height||2.2 cm [0.9 in]|
|Product Length||92 mm [3.6 in]|
|Product Width||34 mm [1.3 in]|
|Weight of Product||65 g [2.3 oz]|
|Package Height||13.8 cm [5.4 in]|
|Package Length||31.5 cm [12.4 in]|
|Package Width||57 mm [2.2 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1 kg [2.2 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - RS232 Extender Local Unit|
|1 - RS232 Extender Remote Unit|
|1 - 20cm Null Modem cable (DB-9 Male to Male)|
|2 - Power Adapter|
|1 - User Manual|
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.