10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit 1 Port USB over IP Device Server
Connect and share a high-speed USB 2.0 peripheral over a Gigabit network
Product ID: USB1000IP
This Gigabit USB-over-IP device server offers a simple and convenient way to extend and share a USB device over long distances, and it works with multiple users connected to your network. Plus, the device server supports Gigabit (1000Mbps) speeds, so your connected devices function faster than traditional 10/100Mbps device servers.
The versatile device server connects directly to your PC, or it works with your existing network devices (for example, hubs, routers, switches) so it can easily integrate into your current network infrastructure. It’s ideal for connecting and sharing USB devices (for example, card readers, digital cameras, webcams, printers, and scanners) with multiple networked users. Plus, you can use multiple device servers on the same network, letting you connect and share even more USB peripherals.
The USB-over-IP device server includes Windows based software that provides a simple interface to connect, monitor, and control the connected device over your local area network (LAN). Plus, the software communicates directly with the device server, so it can be used in Virtual Machine (VM) environments if you have multiple VMs sharing the same set of hardware.
The USB1000IP is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Share a mass storage device (external hard drive) across multiple users on your IP network
- Allow users to share access to digital photography equipment over the network in image editing/graphic design environments
- Perfect for sharing a printer, fax machine or scanner to multiple users
- Functions as a USB extender to enable USB serial adapters to be connected in remote areas of industrial or medical environments
- Extend a high resolution webcam over a standard network for connection by multiple users
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Support for 10/100Mbps or Gigabit Ethernet provides a flexible solution for virtually any network
- Automatically connect to your device after a reboot, to save time and hassle
- Connects your USB 2.0 devices over your network at full USB 2.0 speeds, for cost saving and convenient device sharing
Ingram Micro France
|Chipset ID||Elite Silicon - E3868M1|
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.3-2002|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||USB: 480Mbps
|Connector Type(s)||1 - RJ-45 Female|
|1 - USB Type-A (4 pin) USB 2.0 Female|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 10 (32/64), 8 / 8.1(32/64), 7(32/64), Vista(32/64), XP(32/64)|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Does not support the connection of USB Hubs|
|LED Indicators||1 - Ethernet Activity|
|1 - Ethernet Link|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Voltage||100 - 240 AC|
|Output Voltage||5 DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||15|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Humidity||20~80% RH Operating
15~90% RH Storage
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 50°C (41°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-25°C to 70°C (-13°F to 158°F)|
|Product Height||2 cm [0.8 in]|
|Product Length||80 mm [3.1 in]|
|Product Width||40 mm [1.6 in]|
|Weight of Product||37 g [1.3 oz]|
|Package Height||47 mm [1.9 in]|
|Package Length||16 cm [6.3 in]|
|Package Width||22 cm [8.7 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||355 g [12.5 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Gigabit USB IP Device Server|
|1 - Universal Power Adapter (US/UK/EU)|
|1 - Driver CD|
|1 - User Manual|
Extend two USB 2.0 connections with power, by up to 330ft over Cat5 or Cat6 cable
Extend four USB 2.0 connections up to 330ft away from the computer over Cat5 or Cat6 cable
Connect USB 2.0 peripherals to your computer
Connect USB 2.0 peripherals to your computer
Connect your (USB Mini) portable device to a host computer through a standard USB 2.0 type-A slot
Frequently Asked Questions
Prior to installing this device, ensure that your operating system is up to date (for example, you have installed the most recent service pack).
To install the USB Server Software:
- Download the latest software package from the StarTech.com website (http://www.startech.com/Support). You can find the part number and product ID on the product’s packaging.
Note: Windows will typically save the files to the Downloads folder that is associated with your user account (for example, C:\Users\your_name\Downloads).
- Once the download is complete, right-click the zip folder that you downloaded, select Extract All, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select the appropriate folder for your operating system.
- Right-click Setup.exe.
- Click Run as Administrator.
Note: If the Run as Administrator option is not available, you might be attempting to run the installer from within the zipped file. Extract the files using the instructions in Step 2.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the software and restart the computer when prompted.
- Your computer will automatically complete the software installation and your device should be ready to use.
Set up the software
Confirm that the extender is on the same network as your computer. If you are using a network with DHCP, you do not need to configure anything further.
If you are using an Ethernet cable to connect to the unit or you are using a network without DHCP, you need to change the IP address on your computer to the default IP network of the IP device server. Change the IP address of your system to 192.168.1.XXX, where XXX is a number between 1 and 49.
Note: The default IP address of the extender is 192.168.1.50 on the default subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.
USB Server software
Your extender is detected by the USB Server software when the software is launched.
Note: It may take a few minutes for the server to appear in the software.
When the extender appears in the list (for example, USB2HDMI), click either the display or media device associated with the server. Click on one of the devices and then click Connect Device.
When the USB Server software configuration is complete, the display and media devices are connected to your system as though the devices are installed locally. By default, Windows creates an extended desktop for the display, which you can reconfigure in the control panel.
If the device is not detected in the USB Server software, complete the following:
- Make sure that the computer is on the same network as the device.
- By default, the device uses DHCP. On a network that is plug-and-play, the device is assigned an IP address by the DHCP server and is detected by a computer that is on the same network as the device.
- To troubleshoot the device, connect it directly to a computer on the 192.168.1 network. For more information about configuring the USB Server software, refer to the following FAQ: http://www.startech.com/faq/ipusb2vga_ipusb2hd2_usb_server_software.
- If the network configuration of the device was changed, you cannot complete a hardware reset to put the unit back on 192.168.1.50. Instead, you need to obtain the static IP address from the person who modified the server.
- Wait 5 minutes for the USB Server software to detect the device.
- Move the device to a less congested network.
You should not upgrade your device's firmware if you do not have any issues with the functionality of your device. The only time you should consider an upgrade is if you are experiencing a problem with the device, and you have confirmed that the firmware addresses this problem. You can confirm this is the case by reviewing the documentation included with the firmware or by consulting with our Technical Support team. Incorrectly upgrading firmware can result in diminished performance so it is best to contact StarTech.com if you would like to perform this operation.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.